Hunt riflescope <$700 advice

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
Need some help choosing a new rifle scope for a 6.5 cm I just bought. Been researching a bunch and have it somewhat narrowed down. Would like to stay under $700 if possible. Priorities for me: Bdc reticle, quality glass/low light performance, low weight, warranty. Mostly interested in 3-9x sub 50mm types. Shots will be below 600 yds, no dialing required; wouldn’t hurt though.

Considering:
Vortex razor LH 2-10 x40
Meopta Meopro 3-9 x 40
Tract Toric 2-10 x42

Might save some coin and go with a classic:
Leupold vx3i 2.5-8x36

Which would you pick above?
Any other models I should be considering?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
Swaro Z3 isn't much more than that. I got one new around $800. Might be able to find a deal to get to your price point.

Mt Al

WKR
Other models to consider:
Nikon Monarch with a BDC. Worth a comparison anyway. I bought a Prostaff, half the price you're looking at, and it works great with the BDC. As always, should have spent more for better glass but it has worked well. Some people don't like, or even hate, the circles in Nikon's BDC.

I like your choice on the Leupold VX3.

OP
Humphr47

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I didn’t do enough research, I don’t consider the Z3 because I didn’t think they had a BDC reticle for it. The BRX looks good.

Is there a night and day difference between the z3 and others mentioned above vs the vx3i?

OP
Humphr47

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
Stumbled on this gem of a video comparing a few of the scopes mentioned above. They are a bit goofy but it is an interesting test! Leupold vx3i holding its own and even surpassing the scopes mentioned above.

NIOA TV - SEASON 5 / EPISODE 3 - YouTube

I guess I didn’t do enough research, I don’t consider the Z3 because I didn’t think they had a BDC reticle for it. The BRX looks good.

Is there a night and day difference between the z3 and others mentioned above vs the vx3i?

For hunting, I would go with the BRH reticle over the BRX in the Swaro scope. The heavier crosshairs will be easier to see in low light conditions. I have the BRH on my Z5.

work765

WKR
Hunt riflescope &lt;$700 advice

Burris Veracity. I read tons of stuff on the Vortex lineup and the Burris Veracity kept getting mentioned and that it was slightly better for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
You just missed some good deals on Zeiss HD5s at Cabelas and a few other places. They had the 2x10 42 for 499, and I can assure you, those are very nice scopes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Humphr47

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
You just missed some good deals on Zeiss HD5s at Cabelas and a few other places. They had the 2x10 42 for 499, and I can assure you, those are very nice scopes

Yep I saw that one as I started my research but it was too late. However I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Meopta’s Meopro contract manufacturered that Zeiss Conquest. So I can still get the Meopro.

OP
Humphr47

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
Burris Veracity. I read tons of stuff on the Vortex lineup and the Burris Veracity kept getting mentioned and that it was slightly better for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at the 2-10 as I was also thinking that was my best bet, but specs on Burris’ site says it is almost 23oz! I could shave almost 10oz by going with some of the others mentioned above!

I've mentioned these a thousand times, but, the Cabelas Instinct Euro scopes... Meopta scopes pretty much, so glass is awesome, and can be had for well under $700 in the bargain cave. Well worth the money!

Fitzwho

WKR
Cabelas has the 3-15 Vortex Razor LH on sale for $600 right now. It has the G4 reticle. Love mine with the HSR4 reticle.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yep I saw that one as I started my research but it was too late. However I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Meopta’s Meopro contract manufacturered that Zeiss Conquest. So I can still get the Meopro.
The MeoPro or the MeoStar contract? Pretty big difference between those two.

OP
Humphr47

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
The MeoPro or the MeoStar contract? Pretty big difference between those two.

Believe it was the Meopro; someone else will have to confirm.