Time to replace my Zeiss 10x42 BGA

Boreal

WKR
It might be time to replace the Zeiss 10x42 BGA I've been using since 1991. They have been all around the world from Alaska to Antarctica, Russia to Australia, Rarotonga to Afognak. Lots of great birds, hunts, and whatever else I asked. I got lasik a few years ago, and my low light vision is somewhat more challenging than it used to be. So I'm looking at replacing the Zeiss with the older generation glass and getting some new glass to help out. But I will only do this for a step up in low light performance and resolution. So that puts me into some pretty heady glass. Swarovski EL are a clear choice, but what about some of the other Level 1 glass, any opinions on Leica, the newer Zeiss? Any other lesser known glass I should consider?

Thanks all.

dotman

WKR
I think the new top Zeiss model is supposedly pretty good. I would look at Zeiss, Leica and Swaro, they all are great but one will stand out to your eyes, but only you can determine this.

golfbum

WKR
I would go swaro or Leica if your convinced on “upgrading”. I just gone done with a nightmare customer service experience with Zeiss and ended up speaking to top level management about my experience and in one of their own words their is very little to no upgrade over your current glass (depending on shape) and new glass.

That’s just my opinion and experience.

They are currently trying to make my experience right so I will give them credit for trying but my intial experience was beyond bad....