Swarovski STX vs STS Review, By Tony Trietch

Elkangle

WKR
Ive run the 1.7 extender on the 95....pretty impressive but you gotta have perfect conditions with that much power !

the b2 head is awesome considering the price....much preferred over the outdoorsmans even..i love not having to mess with my pan/tilt so much on the b2..but the outdoorsmans is nice too...thats alot of weight and its hard to get a solid focus it seems on the outdoorsmans set up and im constantly adjusting pan/tilt...

With the 95 you really cant do it justice until you get a very solid set up...its worth the weight.

divingpa

FNG
Great review. I went back and forth for years about a Swaro vs some of its competitors in this price range, and more applicably, vs the top of the line Vortex and Leupold. Same questions you posed ran through my mind, mostly was the extra dollars really worth it. Well I got my Swaro STX 65 last week after using the top of the line Leupold and being very disappointed in its clarity and definition at just over 300 yards on a big Mulie. I have yet to take my new Swaro hunting, but glassing around as proved to me that I made the right choice and agree totally with your assessment.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody have experience and know if a Slik Pro CF 634 with Sirui VA-5 would be sturdy enough for an ATX 95 and digiscoping with an iPhone? This assuming minimal legs are extended for a sitting or kneeling position...not standing

Does anybody have experience and know if a Slik Pro CF 634 with Sirui VA-5 would be sturdy enough for an ATX 95 and digiscoping with an iPhone? This assuming minimal legs are extended for a sitting or kneeling position...not standing

Absolutely. I have the 634 with the VA-5 and run it with the 85 stx. It is a bombproof setup. I havent run the 95 off of it but can tell you that off of the weight difference, there should be zero issue. It wouldnt hesitate to call Cody at GoHunt but would be shocked for the 95 to be to much. If it were me, I would buy the 95 with that setup and not look back.

AKborn87

FNG
So with the ATS80 being comparable to the ATX65, it sounds like the ATX65 would be an obvious jump up from the ATS65? Just confirming before I do what I've already set my mind on....😅

Brix06

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely. I have the 634 with the VA-5 and run it with the 85 stx. It is a bombproof setup. I havent run the 95 off of it but can tell you that off of the weight difference, there should be zero issue. It wouldnt hesitate to call Cody at GoHunt but would be shocked for the 95 to be to much. If it were me, I would buy the 95 with that setup and not look back.

I have the exact same tripod and head (VA-5) and am about to pull the trigger on either STX 85 or 95. Do you have to slide your STX 85mm forward a couple inches to balance it on the VA-5 head?? How easy is it to get your STX 85mm balanced, so you can have maximum stability, it appears a bit rear-heavy with the STX eyepiece specifically. Thanks 805Bowhunter!

I have the exact same tripod and head (VA-5) and am about to pull the trigger on either STX 85 or 95. Do you have to slide your STX 85mm forward a couple inches to balance it on the VA-5 head?? How easy is it to get your STX 85mm balanced, so you can have maximum stability, it appears a bit rear-heavy with the STX eyepiece specifically. Thanks 805Bowhunter!

I dont have to move it much/at all. Depending on the angle Im looking through it/how the tripod is setup, I may slide the plate forward a little but I feel like it is well balanced when its centered on the panhead.

Brix06

Lil-Rokslider
I dont have to move it much/at all. Depending on the angle Im looking through it/how the tripod is setup, I may slide the plate forward a little but I feel like it is well balanced when its centered on the panhead.

Thanks, I like that the 85 with STX is well balanced, I think that helps a lot of stability and unwanted vibration. Have you been satisfied with your STX eyepiece vs. ATX? I am fairly set on STX and plan to do quite a bit of digiscoping with it. I have been wrestling with which eyepiece might be better for me/taking photos etc, but for strictly hunting I think its hard to beat the straight eyepiece.

Thanks, I like that the 85 with STX is well balanced, I think that helps a lot of stability and unwanted vibration. Have you been satisfied with your STX eyepiece vs. ATX? I am fairly set on STX and plan to do quite a bit of digiscoping with it. I have been wrestling with which eyepiece might be better for me/taking photos etc, but for strictly hunting I think its hard to beat the straight eyepiece.

Both the 85 and 95 are as well balanced as they come. I love the STX for a ton of reasons (digiscoping included). Youll find a lot of different threads citing various opinions. I dont hunt goats or sheep (unfortunately), and therefore I'm using my spotter most often looking across canyons or down into drainages. I rarely am looking way up. For this reason alone, I love the ease of looking through the STX. Another one is game acquisition...with the stx, you wont have to move your center post on the tripod at all wheras with the ATX you do. To me this is the biggest reason. Digiscoping is cake with the STX. Let me know if you have any other questions...Im sure a lot of other people can chime in as well

Brix06

Lil-Rokslider
Both the 85 and 95 are as well balanced as they come. I love the STX for a ton of reasons (digiscoping included). Youll find a lot of different threads citing various opinions. I dont hunt goats or sheep (unfortunately), and therefore I'm using my spotter most often looking across canyons or down into drainages. I rarely am looking way up. For this reason alone, I love the ease of looking through the STX. Another one is game acquisition...with the stx, you wont have to move your center post on the tripod at all wheras with the ATX you do. To me this is the biggest reason. Digiscoping is cake with the STX. Let me know if you have any other questions...Im sure a lot of other people can chime in as well

Sounds like you have had time to compare the 85 and 95mm objectives. In your experience, do you think the 85mm ATX suits all of your needs? Or do you feel that the 65/95mm combo is the way to go if you can afford it?