Gitzo tripods

PredatorX

WKR
What can y'all tell me about Gitzo tripods? I was getting my kifarucast fix on and heard them talk of the Gitzo tripods. Do any of you use them? I just did one of the things i never do and pulled the trigger on what i thought was a good deal. Ebay - newly listed item - buy it now price type of deal without really doing the research first.

Quick review of the specs revealed that is is light (1.6#) and has a load capacity of around 11#.

It is a 0 series or GT0531 which has been discontinued it seems. How do the series work? 0 series being the least expensive and better as you move up? Any stellar warranty from them?

How do you like your Gitzo?

Schaaf

WKR
I’ve got the Gitzo Traveler 1542t and I’ve never used or seen a tripod I like better and I’ve used Outdoorsmans, Slik, and Manfrotto. Not sure what kind of warranty they have but mine is incredibly solid.

Clarktar

WKR
I’ve got the Gitzo Traveler 1542t and I’ve never used or seen a tripod I like better and I’ve used Outdoorsmans, Slik, and Manfrotto. Not sure what kind of warranty they have but mine is incredibly solid.
I have the same tripod. Has worked great with full size 85 spotters, and smaller binoculars. Sometimes I notice a shaking or vibrating effect when zoomed way in. Not sure if other tripods minimize this effect or if it persists for other brands/materials.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk