$1000 10x42 at Cabela’s

Orion

FNG
I have around $1000 that I can spend at Cabela’s due to points and gift cards and I would like to pick up a new pair of 10x42 binoculars. I do have a BPS somewhat locally so I will be able to check out some of the options in that price range, but there are no Cabela’s anywhere nearby. Does anyone on here have any experience/thoughts on the Styrka S9 or Cabela’s Euros? These are the main options that BPS doesn’t carry. Thanks in advance.

WRO

WKR
I have around $1000 that I can spend at Cabela’s due to points and gift cards and I would like to pick up a new pair of 10x42 binoculars. I do have a BPS somewhat locally so I will be able to check out some of the options in that price range, but there are no Cabela’s anywhere nearby. Does anyone on here have any experience/thoughts on the Styrka S9 or Cabela’s Euros? These are the main options that BPS doesn’t carry. Thanks in advance.
Get the euros, call around to the bargain caves and you could get a set of last year's model for like 400-500.00

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
O

Orion

FNG
Thank you all. Unfortunately I believe the sale ended last night. I will try calling the bargain caves or will have to be patient til they go on sale again.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Kearney, Nebraska bargain cave had a half dozen various Euro's. I picked up some 15*56 for a little less than half of retail.

dotman

WKR
The Leica Trinovid HD and Zeiss Conquest HD are others I would suggest.

Yup, Conquest HDs, Euro HD's and Trinivod HDs... that's the 1k contenders at Cabelas. You can find SLCs for 14-1500... just sayin :)

IMHO after dragging around a pair of Leica Trinovids for 25 years, you will be hard pressed to do better with your $1,000.

Gumbo

WKR
HD Trinovids all the way. They are incredible. I have a pair for my work binos and like them better than my personal ultravids (which are an older non-HD model).

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
I have liked the euros. I took the conquests, new trinovids, razors, and euros outside the store. The razors don't suit me at all. Lots of review state that the trinovids are warmer, and that was less appealing to me. The conquests and euros were both great for me. I went with the euros, and have liked them a lot. I once claimed on this forum that they were right behind swaro slc's. I can definitely see that the slc's are better, but the euros were close.

gsp

FNG
I owned the euro 8x32 and the 10x42. Great glass. I've seen a couple for sale at 24hr campfire in the 400/500.00 range.

Only reason I don't have them now is eye relief. I prefer 19 to 20mm do to glasses.

ETA they were the now discontinued euros which I like better than the new style.

OP
O

Orion

FNG
Thanks everybody for the input. I made it to BPS and tested out a bunch of different binoculars and ended up with more questions than answers, lol. The Razors seemed hard to get perfectly focused for me. The Conquests focus wheel was too fast for my liking, but they were nice. Wish they had the Euros/Meopta and Trinovids to try out. Unfortunately for my pocketbook I looked through a pair of Swaro ELs and Leica Ultravid HD+. They were out of SLCs. I will probably keep saving unless I can find a Meopta dealer to try them out and they approach the Swaro or Leica level. Thanks again!

2blade

WKR
This is the time of year that all the shows start happening and afterwards, they'll be brand new slc demos hitting the market. I picked up a set last yr for $1300. I would save a few more bucks and be patient, you should be able to find a good deal.