Zeiss victory SF T* 10x42 feedback

Ucsdryder

WKR
Does anybody have experience with these? Especially versus some of the other high end glass? I found some reviews and probably as I should expect everyone seems to have a different view of them versus Leica and Swaro. I’m talking about the newest version with the black armor coating.

PredatorX

WKR
I haven't "in hand" compared them to the EL's myself, but a couple of things jump out at me with these. The main thing is the FOV. 360ft/1000 vs 336 for the EL's (10x42). I think that is pretty significant if the published numbers are accurate. They are also a couple ounces lighter but appear to be a little bit wider and longer. I see they also have a 3rd bridge as opposed to the standard 2 so maybe they adds some more robustness. Sounds like all of the other optical qualities seem to be on par though.

This high up the mountain, i would be looking for the best deal on any of the big 3!

stevevan

WKR
Yes, I bought a pair last year and used them this past season. Sold 'em. Glass was great, mechanically great. I just thought they were heavy and didn't have the best feel for me. Replaced them with Swaro 10x42 SLC HD's which personally I find better. Feel lighter and are easier for me to hold.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
That’s interesting Steve. From the reviews I read that was one of the big selling points. The Zeiss are lighter than the ELs and the glass is pushed closer to the face which makes them feel even lighter. I have played with the slc and liked them a lot.

stevevan

WKR
I've never tried the EL's. The SLC's just feel good. My hands grip real well on the barrels and my thumbs just go naturally in the indents on the lower side. I got them in time to take to Newfoundland last October on a moose hunt. They worked great and hung very nicely using a bino harness. Optically awesome. After using other top end optics in the past these SLC's will be keepers. Just try as many as you can and make your own decision.

Does anybody have experience with these? Especially versus some of the other high end glass? I found some reviews and probably as I should expect everyone seems to have a different view of them versus Leica and Swaro. I’m talking about the newest version with the black armor coating.

Following this discussion. I saw the 95% light transmission advert and coming from Zeiss that means something.

Broomd

WKR
I wish I could say I've compared them, but i haven't.

But Zeiss Victory FL, HT and SF respectively have a reputation as being the brightest glass available. I still have a pair of Victory FL 10X42s and they are still stunning. My Swarovisions have the edge in clarity, but brightness goes to the Zeiss.