Zen Ray Optics?

Firehawk

WKR
I have tried multiple times over the past few months to get a hold of them, phone-email etc. and ZERO!!!!! response. Their site states that you can't buy anything as they are redesigning for 2018. I will keep trying as I have nothing to lose at this point.

FH

Titan

WKR
Getting a hold of them is nearly impossible anyway, so don't take that as a sign they are closed.

But according to another forum, it isn't looking good. Their facebook page is gone and even one of their biggest dealers can't get them to respond.

I really like my ED4s so I'll have to make sure I'm careful with them as it seems like my warranty is non-existent now

OP
socalhntr

socalhntr

WKR
Good to know. I have the ED3’s and love them but have to be careful now it seems there is no warranty. Thank you for the responses

I'm in an even worse spot as they got me a return authorization number last spring and have had my ED3s ever since. I haven't been able to get ahold of anybody since June and I don't have my binoculars. It's been 10 months......

Titan

WKR
That's horrible. Especially since he was still doing business 10 months ago.

I have read that Doug from Cameraland had some sort of contact with him (but not in a while). Maybe he knows something.

noroads

FNG
Great!! I have 2 sets of binos one is the Prime 10x42 that I dropped and off a boulder last year and bent an eye cup. I wanted to get it repaired but that looks like it won’t happen. I just love start up companies that offer “lifetime warranties” when they haven’t even been in business for a few any substantial length of time. But, I knew it was a gamble when I bought from them. Still very good glass for the money and I got the Primes at a big discount.

I am in the same boat as I sent a set of binoculars in for repair (focus knob broke after just a few uses) back in November and haven't heard anything further. I have sent several emails and the phone number (503-360-5352) is no longer valid. Please keep me in the loop if anybody hears anything.

I absolutely love their products and haven't found any other binoculars that compare in their price ranges but now I know the downside.

P.S. Been reading this site for a long time and finally signed up so look forward to be being a part of it.

It's really frustrating. I've owned mine since probably 2012 or so and have liked them well but will likely end up buying something else since it's unclear whether I'll ever get my property returned.

noroads

FNG
It's really frustrating. I've owned mine since probably 2012 or so and have liked them well but will likely end up buying something else since it's unclear whether I'll ever get my property returned.

Yeah I’d be pissed if they had my binos and just fell off the raven of the earth. I was wanting to send my two pair of binos in and noticed that the website was pretty much a skeleton and decided to start searching for info. Doesn’t look good!! Sad part is I’ve talked with Charles several times and had his personal number but can’t find it anywhere.

Well out of the blue, USPS delivered my binoculars back to be last Friday. Same box that I sent in and didn't appear to have been opened. Marked "Marked Return to Sender" which is crazy since we had delivery confirmation back from November 2017. Anyways, I am at least glad that I have them back so I can try to fix the focus knob or find somebody that can. Does anybody know of a company that fixes binoculars?

Firehawk

WKR
Although I had a minor issue I was hoping to get repaired had I been able to get a hold of them, it turned ugly last weekend. I checked in at my 3D archery tournament and hurriedly grabbed my AGC pack with my ZR primes inside. Just as I got up to the warm up target, I pulled them out and was amazed to find that the focus knob had come loose. Upon closer inspection, it appears to have sheared off inside the knob body. I absolutely LOVE the view through this bino, but I can't focus it now and I am frustrated that I will never be able to get them repaired.

I ordered a different bino from Doug yesterday to try and make up for it.

FH