leica ER5 or meopta meopro

willicd

FNG
i am looking for a new hunting scope with a ballistic reticle. the leica ER5 2-10x50 and the meopta meopro 3-9x50 are both available at deep discounts. which would your prefer optically? i see the meopta is quite a bit lighter due to the 1" tube. which is less likely to have issue and which has better customer service if needed? thanks for the time and replies.

Schaaf

WKR
Those are both very good scopes and the Leica ER5’s should be getting more recognition than they have been. Call Doug and ask him his opinion on the two scopes.

Schaaf

WKR
I also have a sweet Meopro for sale in the classifieds you’d probably be able to get at a good deal.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Leica ER5, optically, would be more on par with a Meopta MeoStar than the Meopro. With the Leica ER5 series being closed out it is an amazing buy right now. We do have a few available so please feel free to call us to discuss while our small supply lasts.

spin

FNG
I own both, but not in 50 mm. It’s not even close. Leica by a mile. More solid detents, better fit/finish, and the sharpest/brightest glass I’ve looked through. If the weight difference is much it’s a couple of ounces I would guess.