Any "real world" experience with the Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50?

Kotaman

WKR
There aren't a whole lot of "real world" reports out there regarding this scope. Does anyone here have any experience with it? Yes, you can google and read magazine reviews or watch you tube videos but I'm talking about actual field experience. Tracking, reliability, low light performance etc. I recently switched out ALL of my Z5's, Z3's and VX 6's for Nightforce but I'm looking for one more scope and this Zeiss keeps hitting my radar for an all around hunting scope with the ability to play around with some long range stuff. (I have a dedicated long range rig that carries a Nightforce NXS and my main hunting rig carries a Nightforce ATACR.) Is this new Zeiss really any different from a Z5 or VX6HD in terms of dialing reliability?

Schaaf

WKR
The owner of 24hourcampfire stated they spent a couple days with these scopes and everyone there put thousands of rounds through them and not one hiccuped. That place tends to chew scopes up that aren’t tracking as they should.

OP
Kotaman

Kotaman

WKR
I read that one, it is one of the few reviews out there, but would really still like to hear some hard core hunter experience with this one and it just isn't out there. Starting to think no one owns this scope! :)

Schaaf

WKR
I’ve been very interested in it as well but I think the reviews could take some time. Most hunters are cheap and those that are into long range get a hard on for S&B and Nightforce and don’t try much else. I can’t say I blame them because those are trusted companies.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did the internals change from the HD5? I had heard from some shooters the turret HD5 dialed well and I have one on the shelf for my rifle when it shows but haven't got to play with it yet.

ckleeves

WKR
Bumping this up to see if anybody has put one to the test yet. The weight has me really interested, my prior experience with Zeiss scope tracking has me wary.

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
I’m assuming you read the v4 review over at longrangehunting ? Not a long term test but def got me interested.

ckleeves

WKR
Yes, I found it after I posted here. Sounds promising. There is still a lack of reviews or any real feedback from guys that own them. Not sure how many have really been sold? For a scope that has been on the market for a little while there sure isn’t much info out there.

From what I have found there are about 3 positive reviews and one negative where a guy had to send his back for tracking problems. That’s what I’m worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "review" on longrangehunting was laughable. Once the author said he didn't bother with a box test because he trusted Zeiss' quality so much I didn't bother to read the rest. Interestingly, the review on 24hourcampfire also did not report a specific box test result. The specs on the scopes look really, really good, but until someone actually tests and reports the results I'm going to be keeping my money in my pocket. I've been trying to find a decent review for a few months, if one turns up please let us all know. I saw that Broz was testing one earlier this year, but again I have not been able to find the actual report on how it performed. Tony, I hope the scope works well for you, please let us know how it does.

ckleeves

WKR
The "review" on longrangehunting was laughable. Once the author said he didn't bother with a box test because he trusted Zeiss' quality so much I didn't bother to read the rest. Interestingly, the review on 24hourcampfire also did not report a specific box test result. The specs on the scopes look really, really good, but until someone actually tests and reports the results I'm going to be keeping my money in my pocket. I've been trying to find a decent review for a few months, if one turns up please let us all know. I saw that Broz was testing one earlier this year, but again I have not been able to find the actual report on how it performed. Tony, I hope the scope works well for you, please let us know how it does.

Ya that’s the problem I have had. The reviews are all fluff pieces about how good the scope is optically with nothing for a real test of tracking and RTZ.

I’m looking for the review where the guy bought it with his own hard earned money, ran a box test on it then ran the turrets up and down about 1000 times and checked RTZ every hundred revs.

I may end up buying one and really giving it a good test. The problem is I gotta sell one of my NF scopes to afford one or I won’t be alive to do a box test lol. I just keep seeing 22 ounces and being tempted more then I probably should be.

brocksw

WKR

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Any "real world" experience with the Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50?

Tony... Is this review of the V6 in the works? Do you have intentions to throw the V6 on a tall target to verify turret?

I don’t have the rifle yet but hope to see it soon. I plan to run the scope through a turret verification test.

ckleeves

WKR
Well I broke down and bought one to see how well it holds up. The rifle it’s going on is currently at the Ceracoater but as soon as I get it back I’ll run it thru its paces and report back.

I hope it passes with flying colors because I really like the size and weight if it!

28bang

WKR
I bought the 3-18 and the 5-30 model. Getting both tomorrow, will send the one I don’t want back

ckleeves

WKR
Mine has tracked perfectly. Have around 400+- rounds on it so not enough to really tell it’s long term durability. The majority have been dialed. I tried a quick RTZ test by shooting one round at 100, dialed to 700, shot one round, back to zero (100) did this 5 times and it was good (5/8” ish) 5 shot group at 100 and no complaints on the 700 yard group either.

Held up to being carried on one successful elk hunt where my wife put a few dings in it while packing out her bull and 2 successful mule deer hunts and maintained zero with no issues.

My only complaints are the parallax is picky, compared side by side with a Nightforce NXS and a Swaro X5. I may send it in after things wind down and see if there is something a little off with it. It just doesn’t seem quite right. Hard to explain I guess.

The reticle is thicker then I like but that’s personal preference. In reality it’s great for a hunting reticle but for load development I would prefer a finer reticle. Compared to a NF MOAR-T or a Swaro 4WX it’s a pretty fat.

I would also prefer capped windage but once again that’s personal preference.

Still digging the size and weight of it. The Zero stop is well designed and very positive. Nice solid turrets that are what I consider the “right” size. Impressive low light performance.

I may throw it on one of my varmint rigs so I can really run it hard this summer and see how it holds up.