Does anyone run twin ats 65mm as big eyes and does anyone build a mounting system

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to avoid buying a btx I have a 65 ats and my buddy does to we hunt together most of the time and was wondering if these could be mounted as binos

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
I would think the only way you could run twin spotters is to use the straight versions. Doesn’t ATS imply angled? However maybe the 65mm would be small enough to get your eyes close enough together

Owenst7

WKR
Not an expert here, but I'd think they'd be similar to binoculars that are out of collimation. That'll give you a headache real quick if you've never tried it.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Jay Scott does, but uses the straight ATS. In fact he went back to them after using the BTX. He mentions his “big eyes” all the time in his podcast and has plenty of pics on his Instagram. He had a special bracket made. No reason the angled would not work the same.

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
05ec083ded5bf61d4cb8ad457341e7c3.jpg

Here's a screenshot off jay Scott's instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion angled versions would very much so be different than a pair of straights. If u look at Jay Scott’s picture the two spotters are twisted inward but still parallel so that you can use both eyes. Unless you have really wide eyes or they are on the side of your head I’m not sure a pair of angled will work

OP
M

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
I have been packing 10 s 15s and a spotter and I am trying to shave some pack weight I really want to run my 10 s and the btx 65 with the doubler

In my opinion angled versions would very much so be different than a pair of straights. If u look at Jay Scott’s picture the two spotters are twisted inward but still parallel so that you can use both eyes. Unless you have really wide eyes or they are on the side of your head I’m not sure a pair of angled will work