Maven C1 or Kowa BD42-10XD

Looking to "upgrade" my 4 ish year old vortex diamondbacks.
The diamondbacks will turn into truck/spare binos but i *think* i've almost settled on these two binos for the 400 ish and under range.
Anyone have hands on experience with either?
Will they really be that much of an upgrade over the diamondbacks to justify new binos?
Thanks!

I just replaced my wife's Diamondbacks with C1s. I personally carry a pair of 6ish year old Razor HDs. The C1s are, in my opinion, at least as good glass quality as the Razor HDs (which are a few steps up from the Diamondbacks). I found them to be clearer to the edges and the colors pop more. I like the ergonomics of the Razors better and they have a noticeably larger FOV. However you slice it, the C1s are amazing for the price and I am very happy with that purchase. I'm considering getting a pair for myself and selling the Razors. That's just my opinion, perhaps others see it differently. I'm no expert but I do hunt a lot.

I finally got the chance this weekend to directly compare the Maven C.1s to my Vortex Razor HDs and Diamondbacks in low light. I was honestly shocked at how much better the C.1s performed than the Razors (the Diamonbacks are so much worse than the other two it's hard to compare them). I brought my wife with me to get a second set of eyes and she agreed that the C.1s were way better as the sun started to set. The colors were more vibrant, you could see into shadows much better, and details at a thousand or more yards were much easier to see with the C.1s. They had a wow factor that the Razors don't. My wife kept saying how the Razors (and especially the Diamondbacks) have a "haze" around the edges that are very noticeable in low light that the C.1s don't have. It makes the picture in the Razors look very gray and washed out. That's just what I saw. Not bashing Vortex as I still enjoy my Razors.

OP
blackpowderhunter
I finally got the chance this weekend to directly compare the Maven C.1s to my Vortex Razor HDs and Diamondbacks in low light. I was honestly shocked at how much better the C.1s performed than the Razors (the Diamonbacks are so much worse than the other two it's hard to compare them). I brought my wife with me to get a second set of eyes and she agreed that the C.1s were way better as the sun started to set. The colors were more vibrant, you could see into shadows much better, and details at a thousand or more yards were much easier to see with the C.1s. They had a wow factor that the Razors don't. My wife kept saying how the Razors (and especially the Diamondbacks) have a "haze" around the edges that are very noticeable in low light that the C.1s don't have. It makes the picture in the Razors look very gray and washed out. That's just what I saw. Not bashing Vortex as I still enjoy my Razors.
thank you for the update!

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Somebody on here was talking about the C1s being better glass than the Razors, might have been Ryan Avery. I have a set of C1 10X42 and I think they're great, haven't had much chance to use them but there is a definite wow when I look through em.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
Where are you guys buying your Mavens? Direct from their website? Board sponsor? I've also been looking at a pair.

Where are you guys buying your Mavens? Direct from their website? Board sponsor? I've also been looking at a pair.

I bought mine direct from Maven. If you have Amazon prime you can even get them through Amazon with free prime shipping which will save you $15.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I really like Kowa spotters but IMO there bino's are subpar.

C.1 for the win

Dang, I’m just now leaning about these C1’s. I may have to pick up a set! I can get Vortex at a decent discount and was gonna go that route but it sounds like these are better and are a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
Ive been debating getting the c1s or saving for a while and going b2s. Ive never had that high quality of bino so im thinking the c1s will really blow me away.... then save for b2s and give the c1s to the wife at that point ha

Just got my Maven C.1's in today. REALLY nice binos for the money!! The pics online make them look a little cheap but in person there isn't anything cheap about them. Can't wait to put them to the test this year!