New Vortex Kaibab 18x

Rokslide Grace

Super Moderator
Robby just got this email from Vortex , he says now they make an 18x in addition to a 15x and a 20x. Interesting! We don't have any pictures yet , but here are the specs.

ONE KAIBAB TO RULE THEM ALL. The best of both worlds - Vortex blended the 15x56 and 20x56 Kaibab binoculars into the single, all-new, high-performing, Kaibab HD 18x56. Hard-core long-rage glassers know tripod glassing with high-power binoculars is flat-out a difference maker. Make that difference on your next hunt. Bright, crisp and clear, the Kaibab 18X56 features Vortex’s advanced HD Optical system, Dielectric multi-layer prism coatings and lenses fully multicoated with XR Plus antireflective optical coatings. Exterior lenses are protected by ArmorTek. The ultimate game of Hide and Seek just got one-sided. MSRP: $1299.99
SKU
MAGNIFICATION X OBJECTIVE LENS
CLOSE FOCUS
WEIGHT
HEIGHT X WIDTH
EYE RELIEF ADJUSTMENT
FIELD OF VIEW 1,000 YDS/DEGREES
INTERPUPILLARY DISTANCE KAI-5618 18 x 56 10’ 43.5 oz 7.7 x 5.7” 16.4mm 194’ / 3.7° 60-76mm

tagout75

WKR
I have a few buddies going to shot show, I’ll have them check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But why? Their 15x is not very good. Not sure what bumping up to 18x and keeping a 56mm objective will accomplish.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
From what I understand, they are not going to have 15X and 20X any more, they are only going to sell 18X.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
From what I understand, they are not going to have 15X and 20X any more, they are only going to sell 18X.
oh, so that's the deal. Actually makes more sense as I was wondering how they'd support all three powers.

Hatchet, with all respect due, I disagree. I used the Vortex 15x a lot,(in both the Vulture and Kaibab) and for the money I thought they were good. Found lots of bucks in them, no durability issues. My Swaro 15x are nearly double the price but not double the performance.

Hatchet, with all respect due, I disagree. I used the Vortex 15x a lot,(in both the Vulture and Kaibab) and for the money I thought they were good. Found lots of bucks in them, no durability issues. My Swaro 15x are nearly double the price but not double the performance.

All optics are like that. A $2k optic is never double the performance of a $1k optic. There are more than a couple of 15x binos near or below the price point of the kaibabs that I feel are better optically. Then to take that setup and bump it up to 18x just doesn't seem like a step in the right direction. But I'm sure they'll sell a pile of them.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
All optics are like that. A $2k optic is never double the performance of a $1k optic. There are more than a couple of 15x binos near or below the price point of the kaibabs that I feel are better optically. Then to take that setup and bump it up to 18x just doesn't seem like a step in the right direction. But I'm sure they'll sell a pile of them.

No argument here, just wanted to say I’ve had good luck with their 15x for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In a "Big-Eye" binocular, if you'd like quality, without braking the bank, I'd strongly suggest you take a look at the Steiner HX 15x56 as it's an amazing quality optic and not crazy expensive. As always, I suggest you give us a call to discuss your RokSlide pricing

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
oh, so that's the deal. Actually makes more sense as I was wondering how they'd support all three powers.

My brother had the Vulture for several months and I had the 12x50 EL...not only would I say the Swaro was worth double the price, I questioned if the Vulture was worth carrying up the hill. I’ve heard the Kaibab is better but I’d like to see it at Razor quality levels.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I carried Vultures for an entire season. Definitely worth carrying up the hill to me if you can’t shell out $2000+ for Swaro, and more than a few guys can’t.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
I carried Vultures for an entire season. Definitely worth carrying up the hill to me if you can’t shell out $2000+ for Swaro, and more than a few guys can’t.

I hear that! Maybe I have wussy eyes or we had a bunk pair but dang they were tough to look through. I will admit, the 12x50 EL have made me a Swaro fanboy....worse than a 15 year old private school white girl with Starbucks and their Pumpkin spice lattes. In my opinion, if you have both kidneys then you don’t have an excuse to not own a pair of swaros. Hell, I’m working on 1/2 a liver anyway why do I need 2 kidneys....more weight to carry up the mountain.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I hear that! Maybe I have wussy eyes or we had a bunk pair but dang they were tough to look through. I will admit, the 12x50 EL have made me a Swaro fanboy....worse than a 15 year old private school white girl with Starbucks and their Pumpkin spice lattes. In my opinion, if you have both kidneys then you don’t have an excuse to not own a pair of swaros. Hell, I’m working on 1/2 a liver anyway why do I need 2 kidneys....more weight to carry up the mountain.

Now that’s funny stuff there!