Meopta bino adjustment question

kestump

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a used pair of Meopta 15x56 HD's. I've really been enjoying them, but for one thing, the IPD adjustment/hinge is a little loose. They sometimes won't stay set when I let go of them on the tripod. Does anyone know how to tighten this up? If I screw in the threaded tripod adapter will it tighten things up? I am sure I can send them in and Meopta would take care of it, but thought I would check and see if I was overlooking something easy and that would allow me to keep them in hand. Thanks!

Mine are little loose as well, not as bad yours though, I would call up Meopta and ask if there is anything you can do on your end.

FreeRange

WKR
Following this. Mine are the opposite, a little sticky, I have to apply pressure to adjust and all of a sudden it lets loose and I move it too much. Too much static friction, too little dynamic friction I believe. A small complaint as I really love the optic quality.

I suspect my issue may be the Outdoorsmans Bino Stud I installed and the amount of torque on the stud but I have not removed it yet to test and installing that was the first thing I did. Mine are Meostar B1 15x56 HD's.

OP
K

kestump

Lil-Rokslider
Spoke with a representative from Meopta USA and she said they received the adjustment question fairly often but she had no advice as they do not perform any work on the binoculars in the US. She took my number and said she would speak with one of the European representatives while he is here for the SHOT show. Haven't heard anything from them yet, but I did find that my threaded tripod adapter was a little loose. Tightening that up did get it to where I like it.

Good to hear, I hope it’s something we can all fix at home the bino quality is outstanding I just don’t like mine loose, which btw it doesn’t fold in without some pressure but it’s gonna get there soon I’m sure.

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
I had the loose hinge issue on mine as well. As mentioned, tightening up that flat-head screw/nut will make the hinge tension tighter (on the front of the hinge, where you attach your tripod adapter, or under the little plastic screw that says "Meopta" is the nut you would adjust). Just carefully adjust tension until it's where you want it. I did that first, then installed my Outdoorsmans stud.