Binos: 12x vs RF Bino

Schaaf

WKR
I’d be interested in hearing people’s opinions on alpha 12x Binoculars versus a Rangefinding bino such as the Geovid or EL Range. I’ll be deciding between the two over the next week and I’ve gone back and forth about every hour. Has anyone gone from one to the other?

WRO

WKR
I’d be interested in hearing people’s opinions on alpha 12x Binoculars versus a Rangefinding bino such as the Geovid or EL Range. I’ll be deciding between the two over the next week and I’ve gone back and forth about every hour. Has anyone gone from one to the other?

I've used and owned both, IMHO one gives up too much optically to with RF binos to justify them. Plus when they go tits up, you're out 2 pieces.

Just my .02

handwerk

WKR
I've gone back and forth several times from the geovids, older swaro SLC, swaro SV EL's and swaro El Ranges . Although I currently still have the SV's in 8.5x42 , to my eyes they have the best view/ergos out there, but at the end of the day my 10x42 geovids get used the most. I have the now discontinued HD-R 10x42 geovids and they give up very little to swaro SV's, there isn't much difference in the field at all.
In the last 10+ years, this is my 4th geovid RF-bino and all the while I had worried myself about the what the ifs...and in 10 years I've never had an issue, so I'm done worrying and sure enjoy having the combo unit.

Kotaman

WKR
I've used and owned both, IMHO one gives up too much optically to with RF binos to justify them. Plus when they go tits up, you're out 2 pieces.

Just my .02

"gives up too much optically"...WHAT? The list of high end optics I've owned is too long for me to list here, but NEVER have I thought "I've given up too much optically" with my Swaro EL Ranges or my Leica HD B's.