Leica APO Televid 77

fsuitw

FNG
I'm considering picking up a Leica APO Televid 77 locally. How do these hold up to newer scopes? Does anyone know what Leica changed from this 77 to their newer scopes? Anyone have any experience with this scope?

Extrapale

WKR
I just picked a Televid APO 62. Near as I can tell, they are the optical equivalent to the Swaro HD ATS/STS. The Leicas can be picked up cheaper, because they don't have the Swaro warranty.

The newer Leicas have a much better eyepiece. Wide angle throughout the magnification range.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

JaredJ

WKR
I'm considering picking up a Leica APO Televid 77 locally. How do these hold up to newer scopes? Does anyone know what Leica changed from this 77 to their newer scopes? Anyone have any experience with this scope?

I have both a Televid APO 62 and Televid APO 82, the two are not apples to apples because one is newer and larger. Did you pick up that 77mm?

The Leic 62 and 77 were produced my Meopta. When Leica came out with their latest model, they are in house or built by Leica and are not the same. The newer Leica’s (65 and 82) are IMO nicer all around than the 62/77 as well and so is the Meopta MeoStar.

coues32

WKR
77 apo are great scopes, better than swaro 80mm and 65 mm hd scopes , maybe was color difference.
Wouldn't hesitate if you find a good price on one.

I just picked a Televid APO 62. Near as I can tell, they are the optical equivalent to the Swaro HD ATS/STS. The Leicas can be picked up cheaper, because they don't have the Swaro warranty.

The newer Leicas have a much better eyepiece. Wide angle throughout the magnification range.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

APO Televid will have a limited Lifetime warranty just like the Swaro.. If you are ever to have an issue it will promptly be repaired out of the US facility in Allendale NJ, and not back to the factory.

The only items in the Leica line that are not lifetime are rangefinders and that is just on the electronics, not the optics themselves.

APO Televid will have a limited Lifetime warranty just like the Swaro.. If you are ever to have an issue it will promptly be repaired out of the US facility in Allendale NJ, and not back to the factory.

The only items in the Leica line that are not lifetime are rangefinders and that is just on the electronics, not the optics themselves.

I can vouch for this. Leica CS has done a 180! Wouldn’t hesitate ever to purchase anything Leica. CS is exceptional now.

JaredJ

WKR

I can vouch for this. Leica CS has done a 180! Wouldn’t hesitate ever to purchase anything Leica. CS is exceptional now.

I would second the Leica CS.

Thats shocking, but good to hear. leica is my favorite glass to look through, but after an issue with cs 5-6 years ago I have completely stayed away, even though i like their glass the best.