Cabela's Krotos HD Spotting Scope

xugz0212

FNG
FWIW, cabela's has krotos hd spotting scope on sale today:

* 15-45×65: $342.88 (straight)
* 20-60×86: $699.88 (straight/angled)

Using your cabela's gift card and active junky 7% reward, the 15-45 model only costs less than $300, which is a steal to me.

In case you wanna register active junky, use my referal and both of us get another $10 reward: Active Junky

If you don't have cabela's gc, the easiest way is to get from Raise: Buy and Sell Gift Cards - Exchange Gift Cards, which is about 14.1% off currently. You can use my referal and both of us get another $5 reward:

Last edited:
Thanks just joined from the link you shared. You’re welcome! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firehawk

WKR
My Cabelas Krotos beat the Gen 1 Vortex Razor. It had a sharper image that was quite noticable. Details and colors popped with that little scope. The Razor seemed a tiny bit brighter right at dark, barely noticeable, but the image quality on the Krotos was definitely a step above. I am very impressed with mine.

FH

Firehawk

WKR
do you have the bigger one or the smaller one?

I have the 65mm version and compared it to both my buddy's angled 65mm Razor and my straight 65mm Razor. For what it is worth, we both have sold our Razors and own the Cabelas Krotos now. Both of us thought they were better.

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 65mm version and compared it to both my buddy's angled 65mm Razor and my straight 65mm Razor. For what it is worth, we both have sold our Razors and own the Cabelas Krotos now. Both of us thought they were better.

So if you were going on a backcountry mule deer hunt in southern Idaho, would you rather the 65mm or the 20-60?

So if you were going on a backcountry mule deer hunt in southern Idaho, would you rather the 65mm or the 20-60?

I live in southern ID, and have no problems picking deer out at very long distances with my 65mm Krotos. Can I measure antlers and count small tines at 1500+ yards? No, but I can definitely tell if the buck is worth getting closer to.

Firehawk

WKR

Sorry TX Hunter, I didn't see that you had asked me a question. For me, I prefer the smaller 65mm. Some prefer the 80mm and I definitely understand why, they are brighter, but I am not really a "trophy" hunter, so I don't really care to count inches while glassing. Kind of a "gut call" if you will and then make a plan.

A few years ago I used a friends 85mm Razor on a hunt. I had tagged out opening morning and was helping my friends spot deer. I spent a lot of time behind that scope. It was pretty comfy to use, but it was definitely big. I did help guide a buddy in on his first ML deer that hunt, all while watching from a mile away through the scope. Lighting conditions were perfect though. Helped a lot. I located that deer out in the wide open bedded in the sagebrush.

So....If you can handle the weight difference, the 80-85mm scopes are nice, but to me personally, the weight penalty and bulk make me want the 65mm for backpacking.

FH