Maven Optic Doubler-anyone try these?

KBC

WKR
I've wanted to try two of the vortex ones on my 10x42s to see what they look like as 20x but I don't have vortex or maven binos so maybe neither would fit.

I have a good friend that has a Swarovski doubler, and he says that it's pretty "gimmicky" as far as clarity and usefulness goes. If Swarovski can't make a doubler that works, I'm doubtful that anyone else can do it better, save your money.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
"If Swarovski can't make a doubler that works, I'm doubtful that anyone else can do it better, save your money." I agree with that.
I called Camerland, to ask about the Meopta doubler. The Meopta doubler screws onto the Meostar, similar to the Swarovski doubler. The guy at Cameraland told me that the doublers have had a number of complaints, to the point that Camerland sent one back to Meopta, wondering if it was defective. Meopta responded that it worked as it should. The conversation ended with me looking for another solution.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That’s what I was afraid to hear. If anyone’s had luck with the Maven, please let us know.

Too bad this technology doesn’t work better. If it did, you could run 10x binos and forgo the spotter, at least on some hunts. I’ll see if I can try one of these mavens, as theyre a sponsor

ZJARCHER

FNG
Like said above, Swaros sucks...not impressed at all. Wouldnt run anyone elses since thats the case.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
That’s what I was afraid to hear. If anyone’s had luck with the Maven, please let us know.

Too bad this technology doesn’t work better. If it did, you could run 10x binos and forgo the spotter, at least on some hunts. I’ll see if I can try one of these mavens, as theyre a sponsor

I feel the same way - I was excited to see these released and wanted to try one on my B2’s, but have been waiting to hear how they stack up. I hope Maven sends one for you to give us the low down on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkangle

WKR
Any update ?? I sure wish it was a thread on style....@ the price i cant imagine it would replace a spotter in regards to picking out true trophy but to simply just see an animal thats just "good enough for me" would go along ways on alot of my hunts.

PLO5

WKR
in case anyone is wondering about these i went ahead and purchased one for the b2 11x45. I think it works pretty well. You must have a solid tripod as the doubling 11 power to 22 power is hard to hold steady on a litghtweight tripod. You do sacrifice some clarity and do have to focus it but it works well for being under 200$ if you don't want to carry a spotter its worth every penny in my opinion. It definitely magnifies and does not sacrifice too much clarity. Field of view is smaller then spotters as well.