Tripod binocular help please

pew

Lil-Rokslider
As the title states, I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out with your wisdom/experience. Last year I used Nikon Monarch 8x and the Vortex mini spotter. While I had no qualms with the performance of either, I am not sure that the combo works well for “my style” of hunting. I really like using binos off a tripod, but I would sometimes feel “under powered” with the 8x. When switching to the vortex, the single eye use and smaller field of view seemed to be less than desirable. I was thinking this year I would ditch 8x and I sold the spotter (which I really liked for what it was), and will be picking up some higher power tripod binos.

This may be a bit of an apples to oranges option, but I have narrowed it down to the vortex razor 12x or the vulture 15x (I would like to stick with Vortex). The reason for these two options is because I care most about finding animals and less about scoring from afar (I’m not knocking that route, I just don’t have the skills to be picky yet :)) which is why I’m not going the dedicated spotter route. I picked the Vulture over the Kaibab due to the description given by reviews here and how much I hunt each year. I thought about the Razor 12x due to weight savings (at least 50% of my hunting is backpacking in CO), and thinking the “lower” power might be made up a bit with higher–end glass clarity.

If you could, please let me know what you think of my reasoning, and if you have used the Razors if you think they would be a good “dedicated” tripod pair of binos.

Thank you in advance for your help!

damon

Trial153

WKR
I run 12x Els off a pod. I think you will do will with the 12x Razors.

my issue is cant use 12x free hand comfortablly. So if i am taking the 12x also run 8x32 els with them. The 12x and pod gets put away when i am making a stalk.

Now if i an worried about weight then I just run my 10X slcs and just take the one pair and i dont feel like i am missing anything.

OP
P

pew

Lil-Rokslider
So to confirm, you opt for no spotter, correct?

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaaf

WKR
12’s on a tripod make the hills come alive. You might be surprised also, my 12’s have been okay to freehand.