Nikon Laserforce and Monarch HG - Reviews Coming!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Most regular roksliders know I feel the best bang for the buck in binoculars is in the mid-range price bracket.

Nikon has a couple newer offerings in this area, and I plan on putting them to the test to see if they are a good option for the backcountry hunter.

Nikon's entry in the combination binocular/rangfinder is the Laserforce which combines a durable binocular and integrated 1800 yard rangefinder at a price point literally thousands of dollars under most of the competition.

Nikon also brought the staple Monarch series up-market with the high-end "HG" designation in the new Monarch HG. This is an ultrawide FOV, Made in Japan, Binocular.

Both binoculars I have are in the popular 10X42 configuration and I really look forward to getting a feel for these options.

Check out the manufacturer's information here:

LaserForce 10x42 from Nikon

MONARCH HG 10x42 from Nikon

I will keep you posted!

Attachments

• Nikons2018.jpg
    Nikons2018.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 96

damani

FNG
I just picked up the Nikon LaserForce. I was looking between this and the Vortex Fury's. I preferred these a lot more. I am interested in seeing your take on them! Looking forward to this review

These crush the Vortex's. They don't even have ED glass in theirs, it doesn't go nearly as far, and these are much faster on ranging. Nikon covers these with their lifetime warranty as well so there's no question about them backing it up. I couldn't be happier with the pair I got and look forward to what you have to say

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Interested to see where those HG's fall in with the mid range bino crowd.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Can't wait to be directed on where to spend this bino budget that is eating a hole in my wallet!

Thanks Matt.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Aron did an overview on 1k optics on recent Kifarucast. Nikons were included. Very high level and much of the detail was left. This was done on purpose. Good, quick listen.

Maven B2’s winner with Nikkon’s and Meopta’s coming in next.

Had a chance to get my hands on the Nikkon HG’s and Meopta (Cabelas Euro version).

The Nikkon were incredibly light and felt great in my hand. The housing on the Meopta felt wierd in my hands. Had a hard time adjusting to them.

Nikkon seemed to have some color transmission, letting in some more colors filter through to my eyes. The bright colors seemed to come out more, specifically yellow. Meoptas were more neutral.

The Nikon won on light transmission. That may have been the culprit for the color transmission comment above. My eyes may have been interpreting the brighter light with brighter colors.

Nikons also seemed a little sharper on the edges. Thinking a slightly more pin cushion but my skills reviewing these are novice at best.

As for Chromatic Aberration...Mr. Cashell will have to do.

Very interested to see full review from an expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk