Maven C1 vs B1 10x 42

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with either of these binos? Does the B1 compare with Leica/Sworo? I honestly thought the C1 was better than the Razor Hds I have looked through, but its hard to say because I didn't have them side by side. I'm debating between the C1 and B1 but wanted to see what other people's experience with them is.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Quick morning announcement.

Meopta has reduced the prices on their binoculars:

MeoPro Binoculars now starting at $429.99 for the 8x32 HD through the MeoPro 10x42 HD for only $499.95

MeoStar binoculars are also reduced, you can now get a Meostar 10x42 HD for only $999.99. IMO, this is now the 10x42 binocular under $1,000.00. Nice to have a true Euro option at the same price as the top Chinese offerings.

WKR
I think you're sort of comparing a Toyota and Lexus. Both are very good, but at different levels. The C1's are tremendous value. The B2's are tremendous performers. B1's are good, but the B2's are outstanding.

If value isn't the primary concern, then definitely check the B2 from Maven and you're competing with binos at the very highest end of the quality spectrum, at any price.

I am extremely impressed with the C.1’s I just got. It just wasn’t in my budget to get a higher priced set but I don’t feel like I am missing out with these. Really nice binos for the money and I feel they are as good as some stuff that is much higher priced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input. What makes the B2 better than the B1? Better glass?

OP
S

samc

Lil-Rokslider
And yeah I was really impressed with the C1s my buddy just got too! Seems like a steal for 350

Yes. The B2 has a different prism that has higher light transmission. They’re incredible to look through supposedly, but slightly bulky. There’s been a handful of guys on the forum posting about selling their alpha glass and keeping the B2s.

WKR

I believe the glass and the coatings are the same for the B1 and B2 series.

The B2 series has a more efficient prism (AK) than the B1 (SP) allowing better light transmission. The B2 also has a field flattening element which may be (I'm not sure if this is the reason) why there is less distortion in the B2. (Optics have to have some distortion in their image to prevent the user from nausea, the human brain can't tolerate a bino with zero distortion.) Some people may have the dreaded "rolling ball" problem with the B2's but for those who can use them (I believe the majority of people don't see the "rolling ball"), the view is incredible.

The downside to the Abbe Koenig prism is that it is physically larger than the Schmidt Pechan prism, thus the B2's are larger and a bit heavier than the B1's.