Phoneskope’s new Skoped vision

colonel00

WKR
Cool idea. I do wonder about a dad sitting next to his kid taking the blast to the face from that muzzle brake

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder if the phone can handle the recoil.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's my worry also. I would love to use it at the range to get some feed back on my shooting, but afraid to mess up my phone. I am sure that 223 would be fine, but 30-06 or 338 Win mag?

I do have the regular universal adapter so I can put my phone on the scope, binos, or spotting scope.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve spent a little time with this now and look for a review right here next week!

In short, super cool tool to have for kids and learning to shoot. Fun tool to play around with as well

That's my worry also. I would love to use it at the range to get some feed back on my shooting, but afraid to mess up my phone. I am sure that 223 would be fine, but 30-06 or 338 Win mag?

I do have the regular universal adapter so I can put my phone on the scope, binos, or spotting scope.

We're working on recording and publishing videos showing various views of the phone and footage through the scope with different calibers. I'll post the results here in the forum.

I don’t understand what you are saying.

I'm saying the force of recoil on a phone is going to be substantially more than the force of it getting dropped, at least if we're talking from waist height.

There are obviously mitigating factors here in that the mounting probably smooths out the impulse a bit. I'm not actually that worried about the phone breaking, just saying the forces involved seem very different to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk