Swaro SLC HD vs Meopta B1 HD

TravKatQ

WKR
Looking for a pair of 10’s for the wife as we have a couple hunts planned for her this year and was wondering how the Meopta B1 HD’s hold up to the Swarovski slc’s? I’ve previously owned a set of SLC 10x42 but never have gotten my hands on Meopta as there is no where nearby that I can look through some. I want to get her a great pair of binoculars as she loves to glass with me off the tripod and I’ve heard great things about Meopta B1’s and the price is a lot cheaper then the swaro’s. Just want to know what everyone’s take on them is, is the difference worth the $500-600 difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
I’ve had both and here is my novice opinion. As far as ergonomics, the SLCs are the winner for me. They balance better and seem tighter for inter-pupillary adjustments. The SLC’s were also brighter. But at SLCs $1799 full retail against Meopta’s new price point of $999 honestly I’d choose Meopta. Again that is at full retail comparison. But there are deals to be had on SLC’s where the price gap isn’t so large. Ultimately I got a good buy on SLC’s and kept them.

nickstone

WKR
For me the Meoptas felt better in hand and seemed to fit my eyes better. If you're ever up north around Sacramento your welcome to check out mine, just shoot me a pm.

OP
TravKatQ

TravKatQ

WKR
For me the Meoptas felt better in hand and seemed to fit my eyes better. If you're ever up north around Sacramento your welcome to check out mine, just shoot me a pm.

nickstone, Thanks man I appreciate that, I get up their every once in awhile I might take you up on that.

OP
TravKatQ

TravKatQ

WKR
I’ve had both and here is my novice opinion. As far as ergonomics, the SLCs are the winner for me. They balance better and seem tighter for inter-pupillary adjustments. The SLC’s were also brighter. But at SLCs $1799 full retail against Meopta’s new price point of $999 honestly I’d choose Meopta. Again that is at full retail comparison. But there are deals to be had on SLC’s where the price gap isn’t so large. Ultimately I got a good buy on SLC’s and kept them.

Thanks for the comparison Grumman. I did like the ergonomics of the Slc’s and hear that’s one down fall to the Meopta’s but with new pricing on the Meopta’s like you mentioned it’s a tough decision...I’ll be using them every once in awhile when she’s not around :) so making sure I’m not skimping on glass.

I say get the swaros. Lots of good deals on this site come up pretty often on used slcs. Full warranty excellent resale not to mention some terrific glass.

If your wife hunts and understands optics she will thank you for the decision.

Ronb

WKR
Hey Brian! I’m pretty sure you bought my slc’s from me for your wife? Anyway, my son has the Cabelas euro hd and we hunted together allot last year. He was constantly stealing my slc’s. The euro’s were nice. Easy on the eyes, but the slc’s were better in every way. I believe the euros are made by meopta for Cabelas? If you can afford them, do it.

Last edited:
Hey Brian! I’m pretty sure you bought my slc’s from me for your wife? Anyway, my son has the Cabelas euro hd and we hunted together allot last year. He was constantly stealing my slc’s. The euro’s were nice. Easy on the eyes, but the slc’s were better in every way. I believe the euros are made by meopta for Cabelas? If you can afford them, do it.

I did not buy any swarovskis from you for my wife. Might have talked to you about it but I got mine from other members. She has recently taken a liking to bird watching so more optics are most likely in the future for her. They will be green!

AGPank

WKR
I’ve owned both. To me optically they were similar. My SLC was the 8x42 and weren’t an exact comparison to the 10x Meostar. There were ergonomic differences.

A couple of things to consider, especially for your wife.
SLC -4-5 oz lighter. Feel smaller in the hands.

Meostar 8x32 had (cabelas instinct euro). Excellent option if you consider 8’s. Smaller in the hand, very light, and great performance.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a pair of 10’s for the wife as we have a couple hunts planned for her this year and was wondering how the Meopta B1 HD’s hold up to the Swarovski slc’s? I’ve previously owned a set of SLC 10x42 but never have gotten my hands on Meopta as there is no where nearby that I can look through some. I want to get her a great pair of binoculars as she loves to glass with me off the tripod and I’ve heard great things about Meopta B1’s and the price is a lot cheaper then the swaro’s. Just want to know what everyone’s take on them is, is the difference worth the $500-600 difference?

I've had both. The SLC's are better. How much better is personal opinion. The ergonomics are WAY better. The Swaro SLC 10x42 HD I still have. The Meopta's are fantastic in their price point. Primarily I like the form factor and ergonomics/weight of the swaro and got a good deal on them. I wouldn't hesitate to run the Meopta's though. For me the Swaro is worth the extra money but I plan to run them for as long as I'm able to hunt so averaged out over many years the cost is less of an issue. I never regret pulling out my swaro's to glass. Everyone else I hunt with always wishes they forked over the extra and did the same thing.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Euro HD, and though they are good, I still scheme about getting the Swaros. That is purely based on the difference my eyes perceived in the optics. For me, ergonomics is a non-issue, because even with 10's, I glass almost exclusively from tripod. The glass is better in the SLC.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Meopta's and have compared them with the SLC's. The SLC is brighter, has better edge clarity, is much lighter, and has better ergonomics. Honestly, your wife isn't going to like holding those heavy Meopta to her eyes for very long. Optically I think the Meopta is the best $1,000 bino out there. The SLC is an all round better bino but you will have to pay a little more for it. If I could do it over again I would definately have spent the extra $ for the SLC.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
This thread got me thinking about the Swaro vs Meopta debate. I went to the local store on my lunchbreak, with my new (ugly updated version) Cabelas Euro HD 12x50. It was midday, and overcast. I went back and forth between the Euro and the EL 12x50. Both were on a tripod. The EL definitely does colors better, and of course has a wider fov. As far as resolution (my number one criteria) the EL was probably a LITTLE bit sharper, if I am being honest.

Of course, we hear how the swaros shine at last light, and I didn't put that to the test. But glassing a foothill about 2 miles away, it reminded me what an incredible binocular the meopta/euro is.

Now to the funny part. The clerk from the store asked if he could check out the euros. I said sure. After putting the euros to his eyes for 10 seconds, he told me he loves swarovski because anything with polycarbonate in it gives him a headache right away. I said I was sure there is no plastic in the optics of the euros.

Can someone more knowledgeable about optics please confirm that nothing other than fisher price kids binos has polycarbonate or plastic lenses?

Yeah dude you that's pure rubbish

As for slc vs meopta.

They both are good enough.

Pick up some meostar hd for 600$ and go on another hunt with the difference.

WRO

WKR
In low end optics there maybe, I'm seriously doubting there is in the Meopta meostar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk