Ultra Compact Bino

Hey everyone looking for serious recommendations on "Pocket Binos".

I have a pair of 8x32 older gold rings I really like, but they are heavier than hell and bulkier than I want anymore.

I m a day hunter and base camp out of my truck.

I would like to hear from those that have used this type of binos in the past / present. The good and bad.

Thanks

Shraggs

WKR
I have two that I use when I need small. My swaro 8x30 slc neu are great for archery hunting in timber with some field use. 20 oz.

The other pair, don't laugh, is the leupold yosemity 6x30 are very good in the timber and no need to glass any fields. Surprised me, the key is not to get their 8 or 10 power as I they aren't as bright, obviously. 17oz.

For me, I can't do the 8/10 x 25 class binos even the alpha glass or lighter weight - to narrow fov.

I have owned a half dozen flavors. They have their limitations for sure. Currently have a pair of Leica 8X20 that I think beats the competition hands down. I take them when binos are not of primary importance. Turkey hunting, spring scouting and shed hunting, winter warm weather trips, TX hogs etc. Really like lightening the kit with these when appropriate.

OP
marshland_max
Thanks guys. Yeah carrying big eyes around here is pointless 90% of the time I could get away with little to nothing. My 8x32 have been good to me. I just want something flat out lighter. I have looked at those 6x30 and they are deff a lot nicer than people would think. The leicas are top on my list right now. I'm deff thinking 6-8 power some where between 20mm and 35mm I want the under 16 oz if at all possible.

Lawnboi

WKR
Swaro 8x30 cl fits your bill. Mine are 17oz I believe and are very small, with great ergonomics. New model just came out and is getting some rave reviews, I have the old model with very few complaints.

I have a pair of Leica Ultravid 8x20s that are like new. About 8 ounces and very decent optics. PM me if you are interested in them. I find I don’t use them enough to justify having them. I’d offer an excellent deal on them.