800 to 1000 dollar vortex, leupold, or something else?

robloft

FNG
I'm looking for a new scope to put on a new to me rifle. I am looking at vortex or Leupold in the 800 to 1000 dollar range. Id rather not spend that much but I know quality isn't cheap. has anyone used either company's scopes in this price range? If so which one and how did you like it? What reticle did you get and how did you like it? I am not opposed to other scopes of similar quality but I can get a good deal on either vortex or leupold. Keep in mind the scope doesn't have to be in this range but this was the max I wanted to spend on a scope. Also would be interested in binoculars in the 400 to 500 dollar range from the same companies.
thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
You didn't mention your planned usage of the set up. For hunting purposes, I would flip your budget. Spend 1,000 on binos and 500 on a scope. You use your binos all day. You use your scope for a couple seconds each hunt. If you're planning on long range target shooting with scope, that could be a different story.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm looking for a new scope to put on a new to me rifle. I am looking at vortex or Leupold in the 800 to 1000 dollar range. Id rather not spend that much but I know quality isn't cheap. has anyone used either company's scopes in this price range? If so which one and how did you like it? What reticle did you get and how did you like it? I am not opposed to other scopes of similar quality but I can get a good deal on either vortex or leupold. Keep in mind the scope doesn't have to be in this range but this was the max I wanted to spend on a scope. Also would be interested in binoculars in the 400 to 500 dollar range from the same companies.
thanks

It would be our pleasure to discuss scopes and binocular options with you. Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000

i like my vortex 3 - 15 razor lh. Normally around 900. You can find deals on them occasionally. It is new to me and haven't hunted with it yet, but it's my first "expensive" scope. Optical clarity blows the other scopes i own away.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have 1 of the RZR-1558 (Vortex Optics Razor LH HD 2-10x40 HSR-4 Riflescope-MOA) @ $579.99 from the optics we picked up and posted about earlier

OP
R

robloft

FNG
I don't have much of a scope to compare to. My most expensive scope up to this point was an $80 Walmart bushnell. So I'm sure it won't take much to impress me. I've just read a good deal about those two brands having good quality at their price points.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Leupold VX-3 or better all the way. I haven't been impressed with any vortex optics I've had.Vortex is a Decent price for all right glass IMO. I've had a leupold scope on a gun that I've dropped 25 ft out of a tree and still spot on. 20 yrs with them and not a single issue.

LightFoot

WKR
i like my vortex 3 - 15 razor lh. Normally around 900. You can find deals on them occasionally. It is new to me and haven't hunted with it yet, but it's my first "expensive" scope. Optical clarity blows the other scopes i own away.
+1 Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42
-Good glass
-Lightweight
-Nearly perfect magnification range
-Parallax adjuatment
-Choice of reticle, mil or moa
(I went with the mil one)
-Great warranty and customer service
(I damaged a Vortex and I had no issues with them repairing it)
-Within your budget

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If I was you, I would spend $400 - 500 on the rifle scope and $800 - 1000 on the binoculars. You'll spend considerably more time looking through the binoculars than the scope, so I'd want the better quality glass in my binoculars to reduce eye strain over the course of the day.