Pocket binoculars?

BRWNBR

WKR
Looking at a pair of swarovski 10x25
Pocket mountain binoculars for my Sheep and goat hunting. Swaro are the only brand I’ve looked thru. Anyone here spent any time with the Ziess or Leica pocket glass?

AGPank

WKR
I looked through an older pair of Leica Trinovid 10x25. Glass was clear, but I just could t adjust to the ergonomics. I also felt like I was getting double vision instead of a uniform single field of view. They weren’t something I could look through for very long.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Swarovski! My go to run around/pickup/archery binoculars

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
IMO, you'd be happier with a pocket 8x than a 10x. Those small binoculars are a tad more difficult to hold steady and the difference between an 8x and 10x will be apparent.

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
We have a pair of the 10x25 CLs. The wife uses them a lot. Only problem is the rotating eye cups keep falling off. Have received replacements from Swaro under warranty twice in 2 years.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
IMO, you'd be happier with a pocket 8x than a 10x. Those small binoculars are a tad more difficult to hold steady and the difference between an 8x and 10x will be apparent.

I’d rather have a shaky 10 than a still kinda shaky 8. I'm just scanning mountians for spots to check with my big eye. But I’ve had clients with 8 power not see what I can see with my 10 power.

boom

WKR
I once took my big binos to the San Francisco ballet. My wife was mortified a bit. I carried them in a messenger bag to maintain desgression.

Oddly enough The guy next to me bought Zeiss compacts. “Opera Binos”

Awww.. cute. It was embarrassing how clear my glass was. I put them away. I felt like a perv looking at all the skinny girls flitting around the stage. The guy next to me, taps on my arm and asked me if he could try mine. Haha. He was okay with being pervy.

Blandry

WKR
We have a pair of the 10x25 CLs. The wife uses them a lot. Only problem is the rotating eye cups keep falling off. Have received replacements from Swaro under warranty twice in 2 years.

That’s weird the eyecups would ‘fall off’ since they screw onto the binos. I did have to send my 10x25’s back to Swarovski after last years season because the hinge broke on one side (a common issue with the folding cl’s). They were returned to me in three weeks good as new.

I did a lot of testing back and forth with the 8x25 and 10x25 then went with the 10’s.

Awesome little binos you can easily pack anywhere. The small(ish) exit pupil restricts field of view over a full size pair but that doesn’t bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmeadows