Zeiss victory fs or Swarovski el

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone compared the two most birders seem to think the edge goes to the Zeiss and I really like the extremely large field of view in the 10x42 thanks

I have the zeiss, zero complaints. Whichever you can get cheaper is the one I would recommend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

handwerk

WKR
I'd find a way to look at both and see which fit your eyes, face and hands best....for me I liked the swaro EL's much better when it came to using them.

Ten Bears

WKR
I own the Zeiss SF 10x42 also, best glass I have owned. (Vortex Razor, Swaro SLC, and 1st run grey model Zeiss SF 8x42)

You really can't go wrong with either and as said above go with which one fits you.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I strongly suggest you add two other offerings into this:

Kowa 10.5x44 Genesis and for less money but still an alpha binocular the Meopta Meostar. I think the Kowa is an AMAZING optic that gets no attention as Kowa has next to no marketing

WRO

WKR
The last pair of SF's I look through left me completely unimpressed. They had really bad pin cushioning at the edges and the build quality didn't feel "robust". I really liked my HT's much better. I love my EL's.

Jardo

WKR
I went with the Zeiss SF. I'm happy with them. Buy the one you find on sale. You can't really go wrong. These are both the best glass available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is like comparing wives. All are nice but mine probably wouldn't be perfect for you.

I have owned only Zeiss binocs for at least 30 years. This despite constantly looking at and through about every competing glass readily available. The main reasons I've been unable to leave Zeiss? My eyes tell me the optical experience for me is at least 100% as good as anything else out there. I love the quality build in them. For my hands their ergonomics and handling surpass others. I absolutely do not like a skeleton-frame binocular like the EL as they feel odd and unsteady to me. I know plenty of guys love them but that's just how I am with things. For my ways and my eyes, I can't find a reason to spend hundreds more to get zero improvement.

All that said, the Big 3 make some exceptional products and it really comes down to either 1) what you know you want, or 2) what you can be convinced of by others. It helps to have decades of experience behind good glass...and I mean using them in many situations which make every possible demand on them. At that point you can do your own evals and make your own knowledgeable choice. Zeiss remains my choice.