Which Scope for Tikka CTR, $1k Budget?

Crusader

WKR
Hi guys,

Just purchased a new Tikka CTR 24” rifle in 6.5 Creed. Now I need to scope it and I’d like your thoughts/recommendations. This rifle will be mostly used for longer range whitetail hunting from elevated blinds, shots probably up to 400 yards. Additionally, I will be using it to play around with steel plate shooting, from 600 yards on up to possibly 1,000. Finally, I have a pronghorn hunt on my bucket list and I’d likely use this rifle for that. Following are my criteria/preferences regarding the scope purchase:

--Variable power with lower end no higher than 4.5x and maximum at least 16x; ideal range might be 3-18x (or greater max)
--30mm tube (would consider 34 but prefer 30)
--Really good low light performance (very important)
--Excellent glass quality and clarity
--First focal plane (mandatory)
--Illuminated reticle (mandatory)
--Good tracking and repeatibility
--“Christmas tree”-type reticle (near mandatory, I like these)
--MOA/MOA reticle and turrets (near mandatory)
--Weight/length not all that critical
--Budget is approximately $1,000

I had been considering and researching this scope purchase for a little while and had pretty much decided on a Bushnell LRHSi in 4.5-18x44. But shortly after I decided this, I see that the scope is discontinued and now, hard to find. I think I read that Bushnell may be coming out with a replacement for the LRHSi this summer so I could wait for that but I’m guessing that will be out of my budget. These are some of the models I’ve been looking at:

Burris Veracity
Burris XTR
Bushy ERS
Nikon Black FX1000
Athlon Ares
Sig Sauer Tango 4
Others?

Further narrowing that down has me somewhat focused on the Athlon Ares 4.5-27x50 and the Sig Sauer Tango 4-16x44. I do have an interim scope I can use for load development and stuff, so I can wait, especially for potential sales or something on the model I end up choosing.

So, sorry about the lengthy post but I wanted to give a good idea of where I am on this. Would appreciate your input and recommendations, especially if based on experience with any of the referenced scopes (or others I may not have listed).

Thanks in advance!

Ares is a solid scope but the glass quality deteriorates above 20x. However it’s proven to be very durable and tracks great. Bushnell LRTSi I’m really impressed with, awesome turrets/zero stop, solid glass (better than Gen 1 Razor), better/thinner reticle than the Ares BTR.
Sig Tango 4 has great glass and turrets. Don’t like the parallax knob/illumination controls. Small/stiff parallax knob isn’t the easiest to manipulate.
Have talked to three people that fondled the FX1000 Nikon at SHOT and they were impressed.

Haven’t played with the Burris yet.

The Cronus BTR is still one of my favorites if you don’t mind the weight. A class above all others mentioned in every aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
Ares is a solid scope but the glass quality deteriorates above 20x. However it’s proven to be very durable and tracks great. Bushnell LRTSi I’m really impressed with, awesome turrets/zero stop, solid glass (better than Gen 1 Razor), better/thinner reticle than the Ares BTR.
Sig Tango 4 has great glass and turrets. Don’t like the parallax knob/illumination controls. Small/stiff parallax knob isn’t the easiest to manipulate.
Have talked to three people that fondled the FX1000 Nikon at SHOT and they were impressed.

Haven’t played with the Burris yet.

The Cronus BTR is still one of my favorites if you don’t mind the weight. A class above all others mentioned in every aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty disappointed that they dropped the LRHS as well. I know the LRTSi is essentially the same scope, but I did like the capped windage on the Hunter series. I'm anxiously awaiting the first FX1000s hitting the street and hearing the reviews, although I'm still not sure I need FFP for the few times I'm reaching out for steel or a prairie rat.

WRO

WKR
I'm pretty disappointed that they dropped the LRHS as well. I know the LRTSi is essentially the same scope, but I did like the capped windage on the Hunter series. I'm anxiously awaiting the first FX1000s hitting the street and hearing the reviews, although I'm still not sure I need FFP for the few times I'm reaching out for steel or a prairie rat.

GA precision has the LRHS onsale for 700.00 bucks right now.

That's a steal.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Yeah the GAP LRHS deal was smoking good.

That said, I still like the LRHS 3-12 better. Its what I have on my CTR.

OutdoorAg

WKR
2cmvodk.jpg