Spotting Scope Advice

SwampBone

FNG
I don’t have experience with that certain scope. But most guys on here will tell you “buy once cry once” if you plan on keeping it for life. Don’t pinch pennies when it come to glass

JLH208

WKR
No experience with that one either, but I do understand budgets and I will say I agree with the buy once cry once... Unless you can't afford it and you'll really be crying. If this scope is what's in your budget, get it and enjoy it. I'd love a Swaro, but my budget allowed for a Razor that I use several times a week because I can afford to go use it.

- Jesse

I have a Nikon Fieldscope Ed 82 (not the Monarch), and I love it. It can be a bit heavy, but there are those times when the weight is well worth it. The image is superb. Like has been said, buy the best glass you can afford. With that said, you might want to also consider Meopta.

OP
B

BigJoeXD

FNG
Thanks guys...I think I may give it a try. That’s about the extent of my budget for the spotting scope since I’m also contemplating a rifle purchase as well. I’d love to pick up a Swaro, but that’s just not in the budget. No one around me carries the Nikon, so I’ll have to order it sight unseen.

I understand the buy once cry once concept but for a lot of people that's not an option. If that were the case I'd have all my money in one basket and not able to hunt because I don't have everything else. What I do is I buy what I can afford and when I'm ready to upgrade, I sell what I have and move up. I do that for a lot of stuff.

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
I would have to agree myself with the buy once cry once sort of thing. I also understand that not everyone has the same budget abilities so therefore you do what you can. I was in the market myself for a spotting scope. Not so much for hunting as for digiscoping. Seems to be the rave now among birders and hunters. I live in the south east so not like we have to have them for hunting. So I broke down and bought the new atx/stx line from swaro. Not that bad expensive if you know where to shop and don't mind a demo piece. still comes with swaro warranty. Nikon makes good glass as well. Good luck