Any Competition for Sig Kilo 2400

willidru

WKR
With all the shows going on and releasing new gear is there any competition for the Kilo 2400? I want to upgrade range finders, but need too many other items to spring for the Kilo 2400. May go with Kilo 2200 or the new Nikon. Just wanted to see if anything was on the horizon worth waiting for.

jolemons

WKR
I picked up a demo kilo 2400 pretty cheap and it was money well spent.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
The 2400 is the top of the heap.
That said, the 2200 is a great range finder too.
I'm waiting for my Nikon 7i to go south so I can "justify" a 2200.

J8tnub

FNG
2400 has been out since late 2016 and the 2200 has been out since Jan of 2017.

J8tnub

FNG
In terms of what you get for the money there isn’t really anything that can compete with it.

The new Nikon Black RangeX 4k beats it's easily on yardage and conditions it will work in. It doesn't have ballistics though so if that's a deal breaker then Sig it is.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
IF Lecia would lift there stupid 1000 yard limit on the 2700 B. It would content with the sig 2400. If it had an app it would be better than the Sig.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The new Nikon Black RangeX 4k beats it's easily on yardage and conditions it will work in. It doesn't have ballistics though so if that's a deal breaker then Sig it is.

Any ballistics in the future??

CorbLand

WKR
Any ballistics in the future??

I heard they where working with a company to do ballistics in the near future. This did come from a guy that sometimes talks completely out of his ass and sometimes he gets it right so take it for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I heard they where working with a company to do ballistics in the near future. This did come from a guy that sometimes talks completely out of his ass and sometimes he gets it right so take it for what it’s worth.

I know a few of those guys:)

dotman

WKR
IF Lecia would lift there stupid 1000 yard limit on the 2700 B. It would content with the sig 2400. If it had an app it would be better than the Sig.

The HD-B 3000 looks promising but even with internal app you can use a separate app.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The HD-B 3000 looks promising but even with internal app you can use a separate app.

It still has the governor on it. I don’t understand It. They would have no equal if they simply let the binoculars have full ballistic functionality.

WRO

WKR
It still has the governor on it. I don’t understand It. They would have no equal if they simply let the binoculars have full ballistic functionality.

I believe that's because of the software agreement they use.

The new zeiss look interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Good thing is it give you all the inputs to enter into a separate app, well not wind speed.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider

When I talked to Sig engineers on RF's a few months ago, I mentioned the fact that both Leica and themselves, and everyone else, left something on the table in terms of RF with power, but also seamlessly combining with a wind and solver solution. They somewhat agreed, in a round about way.

Enter Vectronix Terrapin x, with it's collaboration with the Kestrel Elite with AB, which is still vaporware (the terrapin, that is), but on paper, it is the closest to perfect to my mind. The only fail is that you still need to consult the Kestrel for your solution...if they had made it feed the info back to the RF viewfinder, it would be near perfect (don't care for the form factor either, but that's me).

Turns out Vectronix worked with Leica Sport Optics in making the Terrapin X, so the engine is at least somewhat related to Leica's RF's. I am working on a review of my 2700 and Kestrel as a shooting solution...love my 2700 and the glass....as well as the form factor....but they need to do what Vectronix, apparently an at least part time partner, has done and go all the way. I don't know exactly why that has not happened already, I can guess, but hope to get a more direct answer in the near future.

As you say, Ryan, if they had just 'finished the job' with their ballistic solutions, they would really have a game winner. Instead, they have mostly handed that victory over to Vectronix.

On the distance limitation, talking to Leica, I can gather why they did that. But the solution is not to keep it limited, it's to remove the limitations of the ballistic solver. Again...point Vectronix.

Too bad I'll never be able to afford one!