Vortex Razor Spotter

Looking in a few classifieds and it looks like I can pick up a Gen1, used in the $700-750 range. Almost pulled the trigger but have also read that they're not that great. This will be my second spotter purchase. (My first was a cheap one). If the razor isn't that great, what others are out there that are better but in the same "used" price range?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP100

WKR
I have a 65mm Razor and used it extensively for the last couple of seasons.
I paid $600 new for it I think.

For that price I think its fairly good.
They are fairly nice scopes, but at the end of the day there is better.

People who say its 'nearly as good a swaro' just have not looked through a swaro much.

My guide had the 85mm Razor for one season, just sold it and upgraded to the 65mm Swaro.

I am about to buy the 95mm Swaro, my 3rd spotter. I wish I had just gone to the top end first.

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve owned the razor, gold ring, swaro, and the kowa is the best spotting scope I have owned

OP
Robinhood21
Not looking at the best of the best as my wallet cant do the best of the best right now.

Looking at something in the $750 range used.

Thanks!

If you intend to stick to that price range, then I think it's a solid purchase. To get a better scope you'll either have to spend more or buy from a far lesser known company. The best thing about buying a Vortex, in my opinion, is that there are a lot of people who are looking to buy them. Even if you don't like it you'll be able to sell it off fairly quickly and not lose much money. I don't think that can be said yet for some of the younger brands.

OP
Robinhood21
If you intend to stick to that price range, then I think it's a solid purchase. To get a better scope you'll either have to spend more or buy from a far lesser known company. The best thing about buying a Vortex, in my opinion, is that there are a lot of people who are looking to buy them. Even if you don't like it you'll be able to sell it off fairly quickly and not lose much money. I don't think that can be said yet for some of the younger brands.

Kind of what I was thinking, thanks!

I have a Gen 1 Razor and think the glass is just fine for any practical hunting application. Not top of the line but pretty great for the money. Cabelas sometimes has new Gen 1s on sale for around $700 so you might want to check there before you buy used.

OP
Robinhood21
I have a Gen 1 Razor and think the glass is just fine for any practical hunting application. Not top of the line but pretty great for the money. Cabelas sometimes has new Gen 1s on sale for around $700 so you might want to check there before you buy used.

Awesome thanks!

dotman

WKR
I had a Gen 1 Razor and thought the Vanguard Endeavor HD was better, same warranty as Vortex and a tad cheaper. If you want to read it, there is a review of the Vanguard vs a Swaro on the home page here.

WRO

WKR
Not looking at the best of the best as my wallet cant do the best of the best right now.

Looking at something in the $750 range used.

Thanks!

Save a few more bucks and buy a used Euro/Meostar. I've seen them for 11-1200. Its Waaaaaay better.