range finder advice

wanting to get a rangefinder that will realistically range a deer at 700yds for my rifle hunts and also work well at short ranges for my archery hunts. i definately want angle compensation for shoot to range but some of the other bells and whistles arent important to me. i kind of just dont know exactly what i need all the options are overwhelming and i was looking for advice/ suggestions to narrow it down.
thanks

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
Look into the Sig line. They are awesome and will do just what you need. I don't think there is a better one out there in that $300 to $400 window, if that works for you. I bought mine over a year ago after owning 2 or 3 other brands. Finally satisfied and I don't see myself needing another rangefinder ever.

The Sigs are very good in my experience. I have the Kilo 2000, they just replaced that with the Kilo 2200. Mine ranges trees usually out to at least 1200 yards which is plenty. I would stay away from the Vortex ones. I’m not a Vortex hater either, their rangefinders specifically just aren’t very good compared to other products on the market in my experience.

slowelk

WKR
I just commented on another thread about the Leupold 1200i - TBR - that's the model with angle compensation. It has been a good tool for most conditions up to 700 yards, but is not consistent, sans ideal conditions, beyond that. Great battery life and durability.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Unless you feel you need really good glass in a rangefinder (I don't), don't think there is any better buy on the market than the sig kilo 2000/2200 units. The data and reviews are out there, the units are legit and cheaper that other units capable of the same distance and range fast. No way would I ever recommend X brand 1000yd model (which will get 500-600yd) for $50-100 less, its just a bad buy in my book.

OP
G
thanks for all the great info guys ill definitely be looking at the sig when I head shopping. I have a $125 dollars in cabellas gift cards that makes for a good excuse to go take advantage of a sale

ElkNut1

WKR
I purchased two Sig 2200 because of the hype here, neither ranged over 700 yards no matter what I tried, their rep said send one back, I did. It was returned with the better battery that's in the 2400 & still is a 700 yard unit. I was replacing a Vortex 1500 because I felt the sig would double or triple it from claims I've seen here, not the case! I went back to the Vortex, at least it's a solid 1000 yard unit.

ElkNut/Paul

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased two Sig 2200 because of the hype here, neither ranged over 700 yards no matter what I tried, their rep said send one back, I did. It was returned with the better battery that's in the 2400 & still is a 700 yard unit. I was replacing a Vortex 1500 because I felt the sig would double or triple it from claims I've seen here, not the case! I went back to the Vortex, at least it's a solid 1000 yard unit.

ElkNut/Paul

I haven't had any issues with my sig 2000.

ElkNut1

WKR
Define no issues! I don't have anything going wrong, they just don't range over 700 yards. On Hunt WA these guys are talking consistent 2200 yards to 2600 yards. I don't see anything remotely like that? If I had just one unit I'd think maybe it was a bad one but having two of them I just have no confidence in them. I wonder if there are others out there experiencing this too! Use what you'd like but I'm done with Sigs!

ElkNut/Paul

Kotaman

WKR
The Gunwerks G7 BR2500 is almost like cheating. I also own a Sig 2000 and Leica HD B’s and while these two are nice, they’re no G7.

Leica 1600
It is accurate, and love the illuminated read outs
Its a bit slower than some. Its my mid range rifle and back up archery.

J8tnub

FNG

ElkNut/Paul

Do you hold the range button down to use scan mode? That is how you get the long ranges on the SIG’s. The SIG will run circles around the vortex

J8tnub

FNG
The Gunwerks G7 BR2500 is almost like cheating. I also own a Sig 2000 and Leica HD B’s and while these two are nice, they’re no G7.

The G7 and the kilo 2000 are two different rangefinders. It would be better to compare the G7 to the 2400 if the G7 could keep up.

Kotaman

WKR
The G7 and the kilo 2000 are two different rangefinders. It would be better to compare the G7 to the 2400 if the G7 could keep up.

I was just speaking for what I currently own. I realize the 2400 is a different animal, but I don’t own a 2400 therefore I will not compare it to anything. Thanks for that though. 😂

BluMtn

WKR
+1 on the sig 2000. I have repeatably ranges deer at 900 and elk out to 1500. Coyotes I have hit at around 500 if I can keep it still.

ElkNut1

WKR
See what you guys are saying about the Sig! That was the very reason I picked up two of them. Yes, I've held down the scan button attempting the longer distance ranges to no avail. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a Sig Rep before sending one in for him to check out. It was returned with no better results! If I get a New Rangefinder it would be the 1600B - For now it's the Vortex 1500 since it has done very well. I really wanted the Sig to hold up to the hype, I was truly disappointed! It's good to see some of you had better results!

ElkNut/Paul

pirogue

WKR
I worked around a lot of large contractors for over 20 years. The best all had Leica survey and distance measuring equipment. All I've ever bought.