Draw tube spotting scopes

Does anyone actually still use these? As someone who hates glassing with spotters and mostly uses my 15x binos on a tripod, I was thinking this might be a good way to go to get a closer look without a huge weight penalty. Let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tater

WKR
I keep coming back to an older fixed power 30x80 Optolyth draw scope that i have had for almost 10 years now (especially when i don't feel like dragging around my 82MM Leica).
It is relatively compact and light, and the light gathering is great, and i found it to be a great way to get into better optics back then with my budget.

If you want to try one before you make the plunge, let me know and i can send it down for you to play with so you can get a feel for it. It is a different tool than a standard spotter.

OP
Z
I keep coming back to an older fixed power 30x80 Optolyth draw scope that i have had for almost 10 years now (especially when i don't feel like dragging around my 82MM Leica).
It is relatively compact and light, and the light gathering is great, and i found it to be a great way to get into better optics back then with my budget.

If you want to try one before you make the plunge, let me know and i can send it down for you to play with so you can get a feel for it. It is a different tool than a standard spotter.
Awesome. I might take you up on that. These seem intriguing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk