Swarovski SLC HD problem

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
I was at the local Sportsmans Warehouse to look at their alpha glass. I looked through the Swaro slc hd and the Leica Trinovid hd both in 10x42. I couldn't get the Swarovski to focus both barrels at the same time. I started with the diopter and then tried the focus wheel and for the life of me I couldn't get them both to focus at the same time. I sat there for 5 minutes messing with them and gave up. Anyone else hear about this problem with the new Swarovski?? I also looked through the Trinovid and those things are pretty impressive. I will have to go to the next town over to look through the Zeiss before I make a decision.

OP
W

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
Also, does this model have field flatten lens? I felt sea sick when I was done messing with them and I don't know if it was that or just the fact that they wouldn't focus.

Trial153

WKR
some tbing had to be wrong with them, never experienced anything like or remotely close to that with an SLC.

JNDEER

WKR
I am not sure if my pair of SLC has that or not but after my diopter was set and while I glass as I roll over to get the image clear I actually get a clear image then a blurry image then a clear image. Weirdest thing. One of the clear images is just a touch off compared to the other, but maybe that I what you had going on. I need to contact Swaro to inquire about it as my last pair of SLC (the model just prior this one) did not have that issue.

if you are specifically talking about the diopter setting I am going to bet that the floor model was damaged. I know sportsmans sales reps get kick backs from specific optic companies so it would make sense to put out a product that may not be in perfect working order.

OP
W

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so I’m assuming this isn’t normal. I have a chance to buy the new SLC at a great price but I wanted to look through them first.

elkguide

WKR
The only issues that I have had in the last 30 years with Swarovski binos have all been self inflicted.

Love my Swarovskis. Best hunting money that I have ever spent.