Is a Big 3 65mm going to be better than an 85mm middle class?

NDGuy

WKR
Did they honor the deal? I missed it. It was sold out when I went to buy it

As of now it looks like it since it was sold and fulfilled through them. Time will tell, I know the guy that posted the deal has been waiting a week. I’m guessing it will be awhile before I were to receive it since there’s likely 100s of orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveptr

FNG
As of now it looks like it since it was sold and fulfilled through them. Time will tell, I know the guy that posted the deal has been waiting a week. I’m guessing it will be awhile before I were to receive it since there’s likely 100s of orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy was able to get in on it and is waiting as well

Sold my Razor 65 and picked up a Zeiss Gavia 85 the other day. Wish I had both to compare but I don’t feel it would be fair to compare the two with different objectives. I definitely like the Zeiss more is all I know. Anyone have any experience with it as well? I know it’s a 2k spotter and the effective top range at 60x is actually pretty nice. Build quality over the Vortex is also incredibly better. The spotter does say made in Japan.

Would love to be able to put it side by side with a Swarovski ATX 85 or ATS 80.

Sold my Razor 65 and picked up a Zeiss Gavia 85 the other day. Wish I had both to compare but I don’t feel it would be fair to compare the two with different objectives. I definitely like the Zeiss more is all I know. Anyone have any experience with it as well? I know it’s a 2k spotter and the effective top range at 60x is actually pretty nice. Build quality over the Vortex is also incredibly better. The spotter does say made in Japan.

Would love to be able to put it side by side with a Swarovski ATX 85 or ATS 80.

I don't think it will run with the X series at all but it is indeed a good spotter. FOV on the low end is noticeably smaller than other scopes in its class and that is the only real negative observation I have of the Gavia. Build quality appears to be excellent and the image it provides is pleasant to look through.

I don't think it will run with the X series at all but it is indeed a good spotter. FOV on the low end is noticeably smaller than other scopes in its class and that is the only real negative observation I have of the Gavia. Build quality appears to be excellent and the image it provides is pleasant to look through.

After I got it I read on the Bird Forums, they ate the scope apart and was fearing my purchase. I know I like it though and couldn't spend more then 2k on a spotter.