Digiscoping & Field Camera setup

I am hoping to get some help from you all here with regards to a camera setup that will work as my primary camera in the field, Digiscoping setup and one that will do video. I realize there likely isn't a camera that will do all three of those very well, but I'd like to find one that will do all of it with a primary focus on good field photos/landscape shots.

I have a Swaro 80mm ATM, non-HD and am pretty well clueless on what I'd need to attach the camera to it for photos/video. (step-up or step down rings, etc) Any help there would be greatly appreciated as well.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you have a few moments please give us a call and speak with either Joel or Jeff. They can discuss different options with you. As a supporting vendor here on RokSlide it's always a pleasure to "meet" the members here

OP
Nick Muche
Dotman, thanks for the info. I forgot to mention, thinking about this stuff and then looking it up online gives me a damn headache. I am on the Camerland NY website now. Found the Sony A6000 No problem, can't find the Sigma 30mm or Samyang 12mm. A Novagrade for the Olympus? What does that mean and where can I find the step down rings?

Is the solution you offered, one complete camera that will not require switching out anything in the field, aside from attaching to the spotter?

And this no longer makes sense as his post is gone like a fart in the wind.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Dotman, thanks for the info. I forgot to mention, thinking about this stuff and then looking it up online gives me a damn headache. I am on the Camerland NY website now. Found the Sony A6000 No problem, can't find the Sigma 30mm or Samyang 12mm. A Novagrade for the Olympus? What does that mean and where can I find the step down rings?

Is the solution you offered, one complete camera that will not require switching out anything in the field, aside from attaching to the spotter?

And this no longer makes sense as his post is gone like a fart in the wind.

Think you’ll have to got to BH photo for the Sigma 30mm f/2.8, Samsung 12mm f2 and Novagrade. Step down ring is to go from the Sigma’s filter threads to the Novagrade. So you would need a 46mm-40.5mm.

The lenses would need to be switched out, there is no one perfect do all lens that can digiscope and shoot landscape.

Haha I was editing and deleted on accident.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
FYI... the Samyang is a manual lens, super easy to use but has a slight learning curve but is an amazing lens for the price.

dotman

WKR
zXmKbOm.jpg

ujx922T.jpg