Zeiss Victory FL

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
I’m interested in these binos in 10x42. I looked through them the other day at local sporting goods store that’s going out of business. To me they seem to gather more light than the SLC. What year did Zeiss quit making the fl 10x42 and now that they don’t make them what is a decent price for a new pair?

Ronb

WKR
I sold a pair last year. I then bought some new slc’s and now own used swarovision 8.5’s. The fl’s are great and u should be able to score a pair for around $950. They are the brightest, but that leaves you with a less colorful image. I found the newer swaro’s were a nice balance of brightness and natural color. But most of all they simply were sharper and resolved more detail. The slc’s were a bit finicky with the eye relief. The fl’s were not. They are amazing as far as that goes. A real easy comfortable view. The el’s are close as far as er. Very easy view. But what I really love about the swaro’s is the depth of field. Also, i switched to the 8.5’s for the big fov and easier to hold steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8tivenv

Lil-Rokslider
Check out allbinos.com ratings for these binos. Superb optically against the newer glass, fantastic buy if you can find new or used!!! 8x32 versions still current in Zeiss catolog and rated as one of the best available!

If you go to the allbinos site, be sure to check out the "Endurance Test" article. The build quality of the Zeiss FL's is fantastic.