Swarovski help

ID_Matt

WKR
I know this has been kicked around quite a bit on here but has anyone else found any good solutions for a cover for a Swarovski ATS? I have been using a cheap cabela's neoprene slip over cover but am getting tired of it. I am considering buying a SG spotting scope pocket and just keeping it in that. What is everyone else using?

I run mine naked anymore for all use. It is rubber armored and shows a bit of wear from 7 years of hunting and backpacking. I do use a neoprene beer/pop can cover over the eyepiece. It stays on in the pack...the Swaro rubber eye piece cover did not. A small slit near the top of the can cover allows you to hook a bit of neoprene over the sight-tube (peep-sight) on the angled Swaro. I sold a King’s camo cover for the scope that got used once as it added too much bulk to the scope and the covers were wind catchers. Anyway, good luck!

TravKatQ

WKR
I run mine naked anymore for all use. It is rubber armored and shows a bit of wear from 7 years of hunting and backpacking. I do use a neoprene beer/pop can cover over the eyepiece. It stays on in the pack...the Swaro rubber eye piece cover did not. A small slit near the top of the can cover allows you to hook a bit of neoprene over the sight-tube (peep-sight) on the angled Swaro. I sold a King’s camo cover for the scope that got used once as it added too much bulk to the scope and the covers were wind catchers. Anyway, good luck!

I’d like to see a picture of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronb

WKR
I’d like to see a picture of that!

I’m using the skopecoat with the front objective cover removed. The cover is bulky and a pain. I then used some velcro on the lens cover to the bottom of my scope. So it hangs there when using it. Otherwise I would lose it. I do use the skopecoat hood for the eyepiece, because the swaro eyepiece won’t stay on. Also, I removed the plastic view locater thingy. It’s useless on an angled scope imo and covered up by the cover. I can show pics later. Lens cover and skopecoat is less than 4oz. The skopecoat is closer to 5oz. With the objective cover attached.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just slide mine in the open side pocket on my pack. I've never worried about a cover other than the eye piece and objective covers that come with it.

LaHunter

WKR
ScopeCoat neoprene cover. Fits good and does a good job of protecting expensive optics. Been using one for about 5 years and have been happy with it

TravCat, send me a PM with your contact info and I'll email or text you a photo. And I do run the stock plastic Swaro cover over the objective lens but about half the time it falls off in the pack. I don't worry about objective lens damage as it is located very deep in the scope, which is stored upside down in the pocket of my Kifaru Reckoning.

Last edited: