Swarovski BTX opinion

fatrascal

WKR
Outhunting, thanks kindly for extending the offer to look through your BTX and the magnifier. As a matter of fact my wife and i may be in Reno on the weekend of the 14th of April and if that happens then I will take you up on the offer. A friend of ours opened a bar called Jimmy B's and we want to give him a visit. I will surely let you know as soon as I know. The picture thing is not as easy as it used to be and I definitely have problems trying to post them up as well. Thanks again. Fatrascal

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Fatrascal, I will be around that weekend so just let me know.
I took a few photos with my IPhone this morning at some deer at 900 yards and a rock outcropping at 1650 yards with and without the magnifier and the 85 objective. It easier for me to text pics than post pics on here so if anyone wants to see them PM your number or text me at my number that I posted earlier in this thread. Of course IPhone pics don't do BTX justice plus the pics are from one side only, but you can get a feel for what the magnification does.
Alan

Last edited:

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m seriously thinking of saving up for the new BTX setup with the 95 objective but would like to here some feedback, pros and cons, from people who have the setup or have compared to other big glass. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BTX is the best thing you can buy. It is way better than the single eye piece. With the setup you're talking about with the 95mm and the BTX the magnification is a fixed 35. You can add the 1.7 to the mix but you won't have the light transfer like you would without the magnifier. I personally used to use the single eyepiece all the time. Then Swarovski called and said that they were coming out with the BTX and I have never used the single since. I just like having the dual eye piece it's a lot easier on the eyes. Yes it's kind of confusing at first to look though an angled module but I played around with it at home and really messed with it before I got out into the field. I have yet to hear bad things on the BTX. They can't make them fast enough.

Last edited:
OP
TravKatQ

TravKatQ

WKR
The BTX is the best thing you can buy. It is way better than the single eye piece. With the set up you re talking about with the 95mm and the BTX the magnification is a fixed 35. You can add the 1.7 to the mix but you wont have the light transfer like you would. I personally used to own the single eye piece all the time. Then Swarovski called and said that they were coming out with the BTX and I never have used the single since. I just like having the dual eye piece its a lot easier on the eyes. Yes its kind of confusing at first to look though an angled module but I played around with it at home and really messed with it before I got out into the field. I have yet to hear bad things on the BTX. They cant make them fast enough.

Scott@1shotgear, Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with the 85mm objective on the BTX and like you stated it’s a lot easier on the eyes and I’m obsessed with it, can’t believe the clarity. It was a little weird with the angle as I have always been a straight spotter guy but this thing is a game changer. Now saving up for the magnifier....

BlaserLRH

FNG
Do you have any tripod/head suggestion for the BTX please... Thinking lightweight..

This is what I have now, but want to move to something lighter and more compact. I´ll glass seated...
Tripod Promaster T325P, 2.3Lbs
Tripd Head: Manfrotto 128RC, I´m done with it at: 2 Lb s !!

I´ve found these Sirui Tripods, are th suitables to tke the BTX mounted on?

Sirui T-1205X = 1.76 Lbs, no Head...
Sirui T-025X = 1.94Lbs, with Ball head C-10S
Sirui T-025X = 1.54 Lbs, with Ball Head C-10
Sirui T-024X Traveler = 2 Lbs, with BH C-10S
Sirui T-005X Alum. 1.83 Lbs, with BH C-10S and its $99 !!!

These are light and compact. But, are these Ball Heads Ok for glassing ? or I need other kind of tripod head??

Is there any other lightweight tripod head besides outdoorsmans?

Thanks.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you have any tripod/head suggestion for the BTX please... Thinking lightweight..

This is what I have now, but want to move to something lighter and more compact. I´ll glass seated...
Tripod Promaster T325P, 2.3Lbs
Tripd Head: Manfrotto 128RC, I´m done with it at: 2 Lb s !!

I´ve found these Sirui Tripods, are th suitables to tke the BTX mounted on?

Sirui T-1205X = 1.76 Lbs, no Head...
Sirui T-025X = 1.94Lbs, with Ball head C-10S
Sirui T-025X = 1.54 Lbs, with Ball Head C-10
Sirui T-024X Traveler = 2 Lbs, with BH C-10S
Sirui T-005X Alum. 1.83 Lbs, with BH C-10S and its $99 !!!

These are light and compact. But, are these Ball Heads Ok for glassing ? or I need other kind of tripod head??

Is there any other lightweight tripod head besides outdoorsmans?

Thanks.
I run a slik tripod which is extremely lite weight and is very sturdy. I also run the sirui ball head which I love and I run the BTX with a 95mm. Hands down I think in my personal opinion it as the best one for packing and using. I really like the ball heads cause it makes glassing smooth and not bouncy.

fatrascal

WKR
I'd like to give a shout out to Alan, "Outhunting" , and say thankyou. You were gracious enough to invite me to your house to look through the BTX and show me how awesome it is. I took Alan up on his offer and got to look at deer up on the mountain and experience the BTX as well as the 1.7 magnifier. And I got to look at all of his game mounts on the wall. Well worth the visit. Thanks brother. Fatrascal.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to give a shout out to Alan, "Outhunting" , and say thankyou. You were gracious enough to invite me to your house to look through the BTX and show me how awesome it is. I took Alan up on his offer and got to look at deer up on the mountain and experience the BTX as well as the 1.7 magnifier. And I got to look at all of his game mounts on the wall. Well worth the visit. Thanks brother. Fatrascal.
Hey Drew, Thanks for the kind words. The pleasure was mine and it was great to meet you!

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
I have the BTX with 95mm along with the 1.7 magnifier and was watching a herd of elk at 3100 yards. One thing I noticed with the 1.7 magnifier was that it was very difficult to get it to focus very well. There is just a very tiny window where it was focused "somewhat", but never as clear as it was without it. I ended up not using the magnifier as the image was more clear and without it I was able to see if any had antlers. Used the BTX all weekend glassing from 1200-3500 yards and never used the magnifier.

Anyone else had this experience with the magnifier and BTX?

OP
TravKatQ

TravKatQ

WKR
I have the BTX with 95mm along with the 1.7 magnifier and was watching a herd of elk at 3100 yards. One thing I noticed with the 1.7 magnifier was that it was very difficult to get it to focus very well. There is just a very tiny window where it was focused "somewhat", but never as clear as it was without it. I ended up not using the magnifier as the image was more clear and without it I was able to see if any had antlers. Used the BTX all weekend glassing from 1200-3500 yards and never used the magnifier.

Anyone else had this experience with the magnifier and BTX?

I have not gotten the magnifier yet but just recently picked up a BTX with the 85mm objective and love it! I’ve been up in the hills a couple times with it and glassing extreme distances has been awesome! Have already glassed up a few small bucks (CA blackies) that I wouldn’t have found with my 15’s out there at those distances and can tell it’s gonna be a game changer for me this season. Travis

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider

Shocked you think they are comparable to the vortex. I sold my Vortex spotter to fund the BTX and felt there is no comparison especially in the evening. For me though even if the glass was comparable I would still want the BTX just for the dual eye piece as its just so much more comfortable for me to sit behind them for long periods.

Not to be a dick, but that review is like comparing the towing capabilities of tacoma and 1 ton duramax by using an empty lawn trailer towed around the block..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To each his own, i trust my eyes, my scale and decided the BTX was not a good investment.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I am having a really wonderful streak of good fortune. I’ve drawn a couple once in a lifetime tags for this fall and the other night I received a call from the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society. Turns out I had the winning ticket for their 95mm BTX raffle! I do my best to support as many conservation groups as possible with life memberships, annual memberships, and as many raffles as I can contribute to. I’d encourage all of you to do the same as every now and then you DO get an extra bonus out of the supporting their efforts. Thanks to the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society; I’ve been fortunate to draw a Colorado ram tag years ago and I have seen and benefited from their hard work first hand. They have moved to the TOP of my, “buy a life membership” list.