Sirui T-024x vs T-025x

Does anyone have any first hand experience with both of these tripods? Im looking to lighten my tripod and would like something compact but still sturdy and useable. Thoughts?

Yes, we have sold them for quite a while. The 25 out sells the 25 by a HUGE margin
The 25 folds down to 13.2" vs 15.7" on the 24 so makes it better to fit in a pack. The 25 also can get closer to the ground for macro photography. Give us a call if you have any questions.
If I am not here ask for Jeff and he can help you

Joel

OP
B
Thanks for the input Joel. I know spec difference between the two. I guess my main concern is how sturdy/useable is the 25? My experience playing with the lightest most compact tripods at the store is that they dont seem funtional in real life situation as that last leg section is very flimsy. We all know our optics are only as good as the tripod they sit on. Does the 25 still have the two piece center column? This is another area that looks like a week point. The 24 with the retractable center column and 4 leg section seem like it would work better, but that's why im looking for first hand experience.

Wrongside

WKR
I only have the T-025X, so no direct comparison to the other model you're looking at. But I noticed you mentioned sturdy, I definitely wouldn't call the T-025X sturdy or durable. While I do like the design and function of the tripod, construction seems to be lacking. I've had to epoxy mine back together a couple of times.

OP
B
Thank you, that is my apprehension with the compact tripods. The reason considering the 24 is that I believe it will buck the wind a bit better and Hopefully it will a bit more robust as far as it not breaking. How does everyone like the c-10 ball head?

mt100gr.

WKR
I went back and forth for weeks before ordering the t-024x. I decided that the 4 leg sections though longer, would be more durable. The smallest section is of a larger diameter tube on the 24. I also like that the first "notch" for leg angle offers a little bit wider base, only a couple degrees, but it is wider and more stable. Finally, for glassing I knew I would regret not buying a tripod with an adjustable center column. I adjust that often in each sitting.

The ball head is pretty decent, I'd say. Mine locks up tight or can be adjusted for a little drag for smooth movement without being floppy.

Beendare

WKR
I’ve never used the 24. I own the 25 [EDIT- actually I have the 1025] and have used it side-by-side with buddies Outdoorsman and Gitzo tripods and I think it’s as good if not better than any of them out there.

FWIW, I use mine with the big 15 x 60 Zeiss Binos, a Nikon 60mm ED scope and my Nikon 40D with big lenses- The quality and stability is as good as anything I’ve seen.

Its not what I would call ultra light though

Last edited:
OP
B
Thank for the input guys, One of the big factors for me is the adjustable center column. I use that feature a lot while glassing. with all things combined I think the 24 will fit me needs better. I like the folded size of the 25 but I'm whiling to give a little to have the features of the 24. Even with the 24 I should be saving 1.5 lbs and 3" of folded length over what I have now. My only hang up is the head, I love the Vanguard PH-21 Pan head and may swap that onto my new tripod.

OP
B
Up for any new input. Still looking into the best price on these. Im going to pull the trigger soon.

Chad E

WKR
I got the 24 last year and ran a 65mm spotter and binos off it for the season. It was a big upgrade from what I was previously using. It seemed plenty steady to me in the wind. I was decideding between the 24 and 25 and went with the 24 for the perceived increase in stability. I'm very happy with my choice.

mcr-85

WKR
I got rid of a 25 because I found it useless in the wind. One day of trying to glass in wind and having a shakey tripod is all it takes to find something a little sturdier. It may work for some people but it just seemed too small for me. And no center column was another reason I got rid of it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

What are you using on it? Our #1 best seller is the Promaster XC525C. Very popular on here. It is much sturdier then the Sirui and we extend the warranty to a lifetime no fault. It has 9 layers of carbon, folds to about 15" and as many members will attest, is sturdy. Normally $299.99 would be $249.99 for forum members

OP
B
Thanks Joel, I will be using it to mount my 10x42 Razors and 65mm spotter. Nothing crazy weight wise. I don't want to spend $250, one of the reasons for looking at the Sirui over the Promaster or Slik. What do you guys sell The T-024 to Rokslide members for?

twall13

WKR
What are you using on it? Our #1 best seller is the Promaster XC525C. Very popular on here. It is much sturdier then the Sirui and we extend the warranty to a lifetime no fault. It has 9 layers of carbon, folds to about 15" and as many members will attest, is sturdy. Normally $299.99 would be $249.99 for forum members

This is nice to hear, I purchased an XC525C from you guys a couple years ago and it's been an awesome tripod. I've abused it pretty good and it's done exactly what I wanted it to do. It does have the rubber cracked on one of the twist locks at this point, how do I go about a warranty repair?

Sorry to hijack the thread...

OP
B
Wow, very impressive. Ill have to look and see what the main difference is between the T-024 and the T-1205x. Thanks for the link.... good stuff.

JoshAudet

FNG
Wow, very impressive. Ill have to look and see what the main difference is between the T-024 and the T-1205x. Thanks for the link.... good stuff.

I’ve been juggling between the same few tripods as well. The 1205 has a 22-lb max load limit, where as the 024 is 13.2, and the Slik 624 is at 8.8 lb max load limit. Whichever I pick will be topped with probably the manfrotto 700rc2 head and then 85mm spotter.
I’d say the biggest difference is the 1205 will be the sturdiest by far(?). And the smallest folded height for packing, but the most expensive and a few ounces heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshAudet

FNG
I’ve been juggling between the same few tripods as well. The 1205 has a 22-lb max load limit, where as the 024 is 13.2, and the Slik 624 is at 8.8 lb max load limit. Whichever I pick will be topped with probably the manfrotto 700rc2 head and then 85mm spotter.
I’d say the biggest difference is the 1205 will be the sturdiest by far(?). And the smallest folded height for packing, but the most expensive and a few ounces heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, after juggling the ideas around, this article below was icing on the cake to make the decision: Slik 624.
Gear Review: Comparing the SLIK Pro 624 CF & Sirui T-024X tripods | goHUNT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk