Swarovski generation help

EastMT

WKR
I'm planning on buying a pair of swaro 10x42 SLC this summer, my first pair. I've USED the new SLC WB, but I have seen some listed as HB, habitch, NEU, etc. I would appreciate any help with the chronology of these generations, and what do you think the best swaro bang for your buck is?

I've seen some listed as non-HD, and I would consider that, my eyes aren't that great and I've read with ok eyes it's hard to tell the difference.

Any help on the different generations would be great!

amp713

WKR
I'm riding along with you on this one... I need to buy a pair soon and want to get used...

Best thing to do is date the bino's in question.... first 2 digits plus 1930 will get you the date.

2010 is start of hd model

2004 is the start of the new with the swarobright aka dialectic coatings.

2004 to 2010 is probably the best bang for ur buck but honestly I don't think it out competes the meopta meostar hd's and will be a higher investment thresh hold

Here's a good handy guide site
http://www.houseofoutdoor.com/docum...-SWAROVSKI-OPTIK-1935-TO-THE PRESENT-TIME.pdf

OP
EastMT

EastMT

WKR
Ok, I'm not opposed to meopta, I just don't want to buy something I can't look through before buying due to my astigmatism causing issues. I'll see if I can find someone around that has a pair

4ester

WKR
I have the SLC NEU’s. Were a great investment and are probably worth the same amount even after using them for 3 years now. I also have astigmatism. No regrets here. Just sent them back to Swaro and they installed new eye cups, focus knob, and some other items at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 2005 non hd Scl’s and love them. To my eyes they out preform my partners HD razors By a long ways. To my eyes they also out did the few meopta I have handled. As stated above they are heavy but good glass is something I’ll take a weight penalty on. Optics are so subjective because everyone’s eyes are different. Don’t forget to consider how they feel in your hands, the swaros fit my hands the best. The last bit of advice I would say is, if you are going to drop this kind of money on optics get what you really want, even if it means saving for another month or two, because there is no sense in not being happy and wishing you’d just have waited to get what you are after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk