Swaro BTX set up Help

BlaserLRH

FNG
Hello everybody..

I would like to get your advice on how to set up a Swarovski BTX scope. I already have the eyepiece, I'm just struggling with the objective selection..

I'm between the 65mm vs the 85mm, as I don't have a horse to carry the 95mm...

1- I'd buy the 65mm with my head... The weight, price and size, seems logical, but don't have an idea about how much more performance I give up vs the 85mm..

I think I can pay the weight bill if the performance is worth it.

2- How will the 65mm perform with the 1.7x piece vs the 85mm ?

3- Is the 1.7x a must have ??

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Personally, I would go with the 85 or 95, you're already toting a large and bulky BTX why not get the best view. As far as the 1.7 I would definitely buy it, for the size and price it's very nice.

I plan on getting the BTX and ATX with the 95 objective lens. I have packed my 20-60x80 on every hunt and not once did I wish I had a smaller spotter. A couple years ago I packed my spotter, 15x56's, and my 10x32's on a backpack hunt in a new area I had never been. I will take the weight penalty every time to ensure I spot as many animals as I possibly can.

Let us know what you end up getting and how it works for you.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 85 and 95 and if I only could have one it would be 85. The BTX with the 85 is not bad to pack at all. I had a 65 and sold it, not enough light gathering early and late. My neighbor came over with his BTX/65 to compare off of the porch and after looking through my 85 and 95 said he was going to sell his as well. The magnifier is small enough and light enough and nice to have aboard in case it is needed but I don't really use it much.

OP
B

BlaserLRH

FNG
Many thanks for your advice, I´m going to shop for the 85mm and 1.7 ME now..

The Swaro Objectives can be mounted on regular manfrotto plates?

TravKatQ

WKR
Many thanks for your advice, I´m going to shop for the 85mm and 1.7 ME now..

The Swaro Objectives can be mounted on regular manfrotto plates?

I just received my BTX with 85 objective and ran up the hills to check it out and I’m blown away! The clarity is unreal! I’ve never looked through a BTX or any “big eyes” for that matter but it’s amazing the clarity and field of view you get at 30x. I talked to a bunch of people before buying and everyone pointed me in the direction of the 85mm objective as it will have the best light gathering and field of view in the class and still be manageable packing around. I glassed up some local blacktail here at first light this morning and while looking at them I switched back to my swaro 15’s and while there was a noticeable light different it wasn’t that drastic. I’m sold on them and can’t wait to get more time behind them. I am curious on the performance of the ME extender now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BlaserLRH

FNG
I just received my BTX with 85 objective and ran up the hills to check it out and I’m blown away! The clarity is unreal! I’ve never looked through a BTX or any “big eyes” for that matter but it’s amazing the clarity and field of view you get at 30x. I talked to a bunch of people before buying and everyone pointed me in the direction of the 85mm objective as it will have the best light gathering and field of view in the class and still be manageable packing around. I glassed up some local blacktail here at first light this morning and while looking at them I switched back to my swaro 15’s and while there was a noticeable light different it wasn’t that drastic. I’m sold on them and can’t wait to get more time behind them. I am curious on the performance of the ME extender now....

Woow , I can´t wait to try it!!

By the way, could you describe a little more the differences between SLC vs BTX please??

Brightness, Contrast, etc..
Do you have the 15 SLC HD ?

I´m going to order the Objective with the 1.7X ME... That may be a BTX Turbo..

Thanks.

TravKatQ

WKR
Woow , I can´t wait to try it!!

By the way, could you describe a little more the differences between SLC vs BTX please??

Brightness, Contrast, etc..
Do you have the 15 SLC HD ?

I´m going to order the Objective with the 1.7X ME... That may be a BTX Turbo..

Thanks.

Awesome, let me know how the ME works, can’t wait to save up for that and try it out.

I haven’t got too much time comparing the 2 yet as today was my first outing with the BTX but I can say the contrast and clarity is par with the my SLC HD’s (maybe better lol) and brightness is close too. The 15’s were brighter at first lite but I’m guessing that was difference in the power, but all in all the BTX I believe is a game changer. The 15’s have their place and the BTX will have its.