Best Lightweight Tripod

jeg9792

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for opinions on a good lightweight tripod for a Sony alpha camera or 65mm spotter for backcountry elk hunting.

The absolute best, and our most popular on this site, is the Promaster XC525C. It's carbon fiber, folds down to 15 3/4" and weighs only 2 lbs 12 oz. It has 9 layers of carbon. Normally $299.99 would be only $249.99 for forum members. It comes with a ball head and one of the legs screws off and can be used as a monopod.
Contact me with any questions

robie

WKR
You need to put a dollar amount qualification around your question.

The best tripods available are Gitzo and Really Right Stuff. If they are in your budget you won't find a better product.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Take a look at the Slik Mini II. Well under 2# with included ball head, wallet friendly (can be had for under $70), and it's compact.

They say it can support up to 4.5# so a midsized spotter may not be super stable, but it's solid as a bino tripod.

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
I have been happy with the berno s2 video head and the slik 624 tri pod. This combo fits that small window of function, quality, and price.

I love that you've gotten 7 responses, all with different answers. Without a price range you'll get advice ranging from $100 up to $600+.

I own the Vortex Summit SS-P and the Promaster XC525C. I've also spent time with the Slik Mini II, Slik 624, Slik 634 and one of the Siriu models. I prefer the Promaster legs compared to anything else on that list, and have it topped with an Outdoorsmans pistol grip head. I will also say that I prefer the Vortex Summit SS-P to the Slik Mini II, it's a lot less flimsy feeling in my personal opinion.

ID_Matt

WKR
For a more budget option, I just got a Benro Slim carbon fiber. Seems to be well made for it's price tag of $139. Comes with a ball head which I didn't think I would be a fan of but it doesn't seem to be too bad. Holds my 80mm spotter just fine and isn't jerky or anything. Will give it a go for a while but can see myself switching to the Benro S2 head eventually.

AdamW

WKR
Tagged. I'm tripod shopping and had looked at the XC525C but also wish it was just a bit taller max height for standing use. Was kind of leaning toward the Slik 634 and a pan head but there are just too many options out there! Good problem to have.

nrh6.7

WKR
Tagged. I'm tripod shopping and had looked at the XC525C but also wish it was just a bit taller max height for standing use. Was kind of leaning toward the Slik 634 and a pan head but there are just too many options out there! Good problem to have.

I was looking at both of these also, but ended up with the 634 for the extra height. But the xc525c was tough to pass on.

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
For a more budget option, I just got a Benro Slim carbon fiber. Seems to be well made for it's price tag of $139. Comes with a ball head which I didn't think I would be a fan of but it doesn't seem to be too bad. Holds my 80mm spotter just fine and isn't jerky or anything. Will give it a go for a while but can see myself switching to the Benro S2 head eventually.

Agreed, Promaster is definitely a good one but too short for me to stand with. I went with the Slik 634 its plenty tall and close to the same weight as the others.

Promaster makes the XC 325C that reaches the same height as the Slik, gets you the lifetime no fault warranty and instead of the regular price of 249.99 would be $219.99. It folds down to roughly 20" and can hold any size spotting scope

AdamW

WKR
Promaster makes the XC 325C that reaches the same height as the Slik, gets you the lifetime no fault warranty and instead of the regular price of 249.99 would be $219.99. It folds down to roughly 20" and can hold any size spotting scope

Joel, what is the real world weight of the 325C with and without the included ball head, any idea?

mcr-85

WKR
I picked up a Sirui ET-1204 and topped it with a Gitzo magnesium pan head. It's around 2.5 lbs I think. I like it so far. It is sturdier than the smaller Sirui 025 model I had before. That tripod didn't work that great for me in the wind.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I own both spectrums Gitzo traveler 1504 with Gitzo 2750 birding head and the 634 with Benro s2 head for taller situations both are great tripods the Gitzo is awesome if im sitting glassing but for stand up the 634 slik has the edge. Craftmanship and quality goes to the Gitzo.

I picked up the Gitzo for dirt cheap on Craigslist for 350$ talk about a great deal. Craigslist is worth checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk