Maven C.1 10x42 Semi-Live Review

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got ahold of the new Maven C.1 10x42 binoculars to test out this spring! I was wanting a cheaper, lighter weight, more compact pair of binoculars for archery hunting. My go to pair of binoculars are my EL Ranges, but for archery hunting they don’t range under 30 yards, the button is on the wrong side for me and they are fairly bulky and heavy. I also glass with my 15 power binoculars most of the time and just don’t use my 10’s as much.

So far I’ve been pretty impressed with them! I would already totally go for these as a backup pair, truck pair, children/spouse pair, etc. I’ve taken them looking for turkeys a couple of days now and they seem clear and easy to tune into your eyes. I like the size and weight versus my EL’s. Haven’t used them much in low light yet but I will over the next month!

a8f20bfbf046c9ba0994aaecfa686370.jpg
6e12a55dbb2b4bf2e519d1e2d1585f40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been quite intrigued by these as an entry priced strong value option since I need a decent pair of binoculars but can’t afford to spend much more than what these are going for, definitely will be eagerly awaiting your feedback and insights...

I was impressed with the Maven C1s at the sheep show as a great value in a reasonable price bino. I've got Swaros but they are very good for the $350 price, at least viewing in the Reno convention center.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
They are very clear by all accounts, I think the feedback re low light performance will dictate my buying decision, but thus far I’ve not heard a negative word spoken about them.

The other question I’ve not been able to determine is what would I be giving up (performance and usability wise) by going with the C2 instead of the C1.

Obviously the C2 is significantly cheaper and about half the weight, but would they be less performance in low light?

Any other negatives??

Last edited:
The C2 would really be for short distance viewing. Basically anyone hunting where they'd glass over 500 yards goes with 8x42, 10x42, 10x50, etc. Just do a little reading on the lenses.

I'm really interested in the write-up. There is quite widespread acclaim for the C1's. It's got me itching for a pair.

I think the feedback re low light performance will dictate my buying decision

I own a pair of Japanese made Vortex Razor HDs and a pair of the C1s, both in 10x42. Low light performance went to the C1 by quite a wide margin. The C1s deal very well with glare whereas the Razors, and any other Vortex products I’ve seen, did not. I could see detail much clearer in the shadows with the C1s and they overall had much more color and weren’t so washed out. That’s just my personal experience, I’m curious to see if others had the same experience.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've probably had around 50 people look through my C.1 out hiking, all have said Wow.

For $350 those little bastards are amazing value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only challenger I can think of for this market is the Meopta Meopros. Any opinions of this comparison?

Fromthedepths

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’m gonna order a demo pair and do a side by side comparison with the Terra’s.

Looked through mine a bunch last weekend they are awesome haha, get a demo set, if ya don't like em send em back, got my demo pair and they are in new condition. No scratches or any sign of anyone using them

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've been playing with a pair of C1s for a couple weeks now. I had been using an old pair of pentax dcf WP ii AMD had been happy with them. But, the more I looked through the C1s, the more I liked them. My main bino test involves a hillside about 800yds away. I try to pick out details and see how much I can see with each pair. There is no comparison between the two. I can see individual leaves in the shade from 800 yds away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the chance to spend some time behind a pair while in the Texas hill country looking for axis, sika, etc. I've used them in the morning, in the heat of the day when the sun is shining, and at dusk. Most of the time, I have also had my Leupold BX-2 Acadias with me as well to do direct comparisons. Clarity, focus, and low light performance all go to the C1s. I know that isn't a Zeiss or Swaro comparison, but I just wanted to share how they stacked up against something in their price range, and they surpassed them in every aspect.

I’ve had my C1’s for a little while and I am really impressed with them. I have never owned any of the super high end binos but for my needs these have been great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getting real close to pulling the trigger..
anyone have an idea on how much of a difference i should notice over a pair of 5-6 year old vortex diamondback 10x42s?
worth the upgrade for the price point (sub 400 dollar binos)?

anyone have an idea on how much of a difference i should notice over a pair of 5-6 year old vortex diamondback 10x42s?

I just replaced my wife's 3ish year old diamondbacks with the C.1s this past Christmas. The image through the C.1s is IMO better than my Razor HDs and will blow your diamondbacks away in every sense of the word. The C.1s really are incredible for the price and have great clarity and brightness even compared to $1k binos. They have their drawbacks compared to $1k binos (shallow depth of field, eye cups like to wander) but they are a pleasure to look through.

My opinion is....do it! After having doing so, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Those Maven C1's will smoke those diamondbacks!

oh I hate all of you! ;)
just ordered, 50 dollars off with the fathers day sale.
looks like the diamondbacks will be truck bino's.
i'll post up here after I receive them.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw