Maven C.1 10x42 Semi-Live Review

oh I hate all of you! ;)
just ordered, 50 dollars off with the fathers day sale.
looks like the diamondbacks will be truck bino's.
i'll post up here after I receive them.

Let us know what you think. We need more people reporting back on the C.1s as there’s only a few of us on Rokslide that ever comment when they’re brought up.

C1 12x42 should be here Thursday , I will take them to Train to Hunt Nevada this weekend and comment back on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My buddy who needed to replace his diamond backs just ordered a pair, I'm very interested in checking them out. I'm currently running Zeiss conquest HD to compare against.

Firehawk

WKR
Yes... WAY better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I AGREE 100% on this comment. I was absolutely unimpressed with the Zeiss Terra which really surprised me. I am a fan of Zeiss and was really disappointed in the Terra binos I spent a little time with.

C1 is very good. Considering the price, they are an outstanding value. FOV is a little narrow, but the view is almost 100% usable. I bought an 8x42 to replace my broken Zen Ray Prime HD which broke and had become useless with the company defunct. Primes had a wider FOV, but the image is so good in the C1 that I won't miss them at all. They have become a great companion to my awesome B2 9x45.

FH

received mine yesterday so have not had timee to go out in the field to do any testing, but my initial impressions looking up into the shadows of fir trees at 7-800 yards away at dusk were great!
Much clearer, much brighter, and i actually thought they felt better in MY hands than my old diamondbacks.
For a 100% unbiased check, i gave them both to my fiance and said take a look through both and tell me which ones are better. She immediately noticed the difference in the Mavens over the diamondbacks. The diamondbacks are going to be great binos to keep in my truck, take out on my boat, and let others use, but i am super satisfied with the c1's for 300 bucks.

I bought a demo pair c1 12x42. I wore them on a 20 target 3d course in the high desert no shade or shadows yesterday for my first use. They feel good in my hands and on my eyes. Very clear optically but as stated the FOV is narrow. The eyepiece on both sides have some slop when fully extended in the out position. I found myself having to make sure they were fully out each time i used them , its like they don’t lock in and have 1/8 to 1/4” play. The focus wheel is very smooth and easy to adjust. For 12x they are not heavy or bulky to me and felt good in a medium Marsupial gear pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro