Nikon prostaff scopes-any feedback?

smartweed

FNG
I'm considering buying a 2-7x32 of the above brand and model. Anyone any experience with em? I'm a Leupold guy and wonder if it's worth the price difference to switch on this one. Price diff is $40, but I'm not sure thats worth it to abandon Leupold...odds are I won't, but just curious I guess.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
In the 2-7x32 Nikon has a couple of scope's that might work for your needs. A newly designed for 2018 is the P-Tactical 300BLK BDC SuperSub. This scope can be dialed in for excellent down range accuracy using Spot On so what ever your rifle choice you can be dead on. Another option would be the PROSTAFF 2-7x32 with nikoplex reticle. I'm excited to use the P-Tactical scope when it becomes available which should be this month. Definitely worth taking a look at and sub $200.
Drop me a note if you have any question's.

Honestly, I don't think the $40 is worth going with Nikon. If you plan on keeping the scope for a while anyway. Leupold warranty is considerably better in my experience. I had a Nikon spotting scope eyepiece years ago that had a hair inside it. Obviously it wasn't my fault it was their. I still had to pay their $25 warranty charge and it took forever to get it back...

OP
S

smartweed

FNG
Honestly, I don't think the $40 is worth going with Nikon. If you plan on keeping the scope for a while anyway. Leupold warranty is considerably better in my experience. I had a Nikon spotting scope eyepiece years ago that had a hair inside it. Obviously it wasn't my fault it was their. I still had to pay their $25 warranty charge and it took forever to get it back...
Thanks, Leupold has repaired a scope for me with zero hassles so I'd have to say that plus your comments make leupold the way to go.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Schaaf

WKR
I killed a lot of animals when I was younger with Prostaff scopes. I think they do just fine as a set and forget type of scope.

I had a prostaff 4-12x40 that crapped out on me the day before hunting season. That didn’t leave a great taste in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
As a photographer, I have had a lot of Nikon products. As a hunter, went to Monarchs way back when and was pretty happy with them, my son still uses the binos I bought probably 20 years ago. So when I got him his first scope, I got a Prostaff 5, 2-10. It was a nice scope in good conditions but the biggest problem is it exhibited terrible veiling flare at the end of the day...you know...that time as the sun is going down when you are most likely to see game. It was so bad that we would have to dial it all the way down to 3 in order to see very well. It also was a 'set and forget' scope...tracking was inconsistent.

Not sure if we got a bad sample or what, but while we got by with it, I replaced it with a Leupold vx3i for him....much better scope...but probably cost almost twice as much.....