Leica Geovid HD-B Rangefinding on sale

I can get these for really cheap right now. The price is similar to the Swaro SLC's.

I know they are having an issue with rangefinding at low temps but I can get that fixed.

Anyone have any thoughts on the glass?

Grumman

WKR
Where are they on sale at I’ve been interested in these also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I can get these for really cheap right now. The price is similar to the Swaro SLC's.

I know they are having an issue with rangefinding at low temps but I can get that fixed.

Anyone have any thoughts on the glass?

Only a small batch had this issue, if yours do they’ll replace them.

First one I had had some optical issues and the cold weather ranging issue, they replaced with a brand new one that I just received. Optics in the new one are really good. I had Swaro Sv EL’s prior and I’m not feeling i downgraded, I was not happy with the lemon I received but the Leica warranty and customer service was really good.

Cold weather issue is supposed to be fixed.

My Dall sheep guide in the NWT last year used a pair of the open bridge Leica Geos. He thought they were better than Swaro SV 10x42ELs. I tried his and had to agree with him...the depth of focus was awesome and the clarity was outstanding. My SVs were clearer at the edge but that was the only optical advantage I saw. Both are large and heavy binos.

Glass is great and as mentioned the depth of focus is top notch. I sent mine in because of cold weather issues on 12/12, they just came back last week.

Just finally got to check out the returned geovids. They are a new or refurb set of a newer model than I sent in. I think they are HD-b 2200 and I previously had the 2000s. Leica threw in a gift card and a Swiss Army knife because of how long the turnaround was.

dotman

WKR
Just finally got to check out the returned geovids. They are a new or refurb set of a newer model than I sent in. I think they are HD-b 2200 and I previously had the 2000s. Leica threw in a gift card and a Swiss Army knife because of how long the turnaround was.

Yup they threw in the same for me as well, wasn’t expecting that.