Backcountry Tripods for binocs

from_ky

FNG
What do you guys use to steady ur binoculars for glasses the slopes all day? I’m looking for something light enough to pack in.

Thanks

sneaky

"DADDY"
I use a Promaster XC525C with an Outdoorsman's head and bino adapter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Useing a slik 624 the last couple years when i am just using binos it been decent.

ljalberta

WKR
I've been using a Slik Sprint Pro II and Benro S2 head. Works pretty good for a setup that doesn't break the bank.

I run a slik 634. For a head I like the outdoorsmans pistol grip with panner for my binos. Also have a outdoorsmans regular pan head mainly for my sts80 spotter. I put a quick release adapter on the tripod so I can change out heads. It's pricey equipment but unless I dump it off a cliff I should be set for a long time.

FlyGuy

WKR
If just binos or a small spotter I'm using a KDC granite peak. Can't get any lighter, but it's short so have to be seated on or close to ground level.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

rm06

WKR
Slik 624 and Outdoorsman's Micro Pan Head with Outdoorsmans's bino adapter and stud

The Promaster XC525C is a great option. It is small and light weight and always on special for Rokslide members. It will fit in most packs and is Carbon Fiber, so it weighs very little

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
The Promaster XC525C is a great option. It is small and light weight and always on special for Rokslide members. It will fit in most packs and is Carbon Fiber, so it weighs very little

Just got the Promaster mentioned above (thanks, Camera Land). I also have the Outdoorsmans pistol grip tripod head and binocular adapter to go with my 12x50s. Haven't had a chance to break it in on the mountain yet but initially the whole setup is really solid. The tripod is light and I love how easy it is to adjust and how light and small it is. I heard good things about the pistol grip and panner attachment but once I got it set up and put my binoculars on the whole setup I finally understood why everyone is so high on them.

texag10

WKR
I recently purchased a KDC granite peak tripod. I haven't used more conventional tripods so I cannot offer you a comparison, but at something like 9 oz for the tripod, bino tower, and optic balancer mount, it has been a revelation for me. Easy to set up and take down and the ball head works much, much better than I thought it would.