What's it worth? Should I buy? Leupold Gold Ring Spotter

Zbot

WKR
IMG_5467.jpgHave a friend asking me if I'd like to buy this from him, brought it home to check it out. Suffix is G...so manufactured in 1999, right?

No price, said to make a fair offer. He doesn't hunt...so he doesn't know what to ask, I think. I don't trust eBay prices because they are all over the place and I know some people get a little ambitious the final seconds of an auction :).

Currently, I'm running a Vortex Skyline 80mm and a Bausch and Lomb that's older than dirt. Not sure if the Leupold would be an upgrade with the newer coatings of the Skyline.

I ordered a cover for it, either I keep the scope or he now has something to protect it with.

Thanks guys in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5466.jpg
    IMG_5466.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
1999 Leuopld 12-40x60 Gold Ring was non-HD. I had one and found it was OK to about 30 power and poor above that X. I later set it up next to a Leupold HD version, probably around 2008 when that version first came out. The HD was much better so I got it and used it for several years until i upgraded to a Swaro 20-60x65 HD for counting rings on sheep in BC. I sold my Leupold non-HD for $450 if memory serves me right. It was in excellent condition, and they are OK, just not up with the HD, and well below the big-three in optical quality.

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one new about that time and blockcaver is correct its non HD, I paid about 800.00 new. I never thought it was all that sold mine for around 400.00

Richard