Binocular recommendation

KSArcher06

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have a pair of vortex diamondback 10x42. I’m looking at upgrading binoculars to something with better glass and in the $500 range. I primarily hunt whitetail in KS but plan on doing other hunts in the future like antelope, elk, bear, etc. I have been looking at the vortex vipers hd but was wondering if anyone had any recommendation of binos in my price range to check out. Thanks for any help

2blade

WKR
Take a look at the Meopta MeoPro HD. Imo, much better glass than the Viper and comparable to the Razor with a Lifetime warranty.

Take a look at the Meopta MeoPro HD. Imo, much better glass than the Viper and comparable to the Razor with a Lifetime warranty.

The Meopro's are sweet. I honestly don't know why they don't get more attention? Doug has a demo set for a steal imho.
Maintenance | Camera Land NY[name]=Meopta-MeoPro-8x42-HD-%23562540-%28Demo-Unit%29-meopro-hd&catalog[product_guids][0]=1770507
I know they are 8's, but that's what I use here in MT. They would be great for whitetail in Kansas, and plenty for anything else.

OP
K

KSArcher06

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys looks like Meopro and mavens are the top 2.i have $500 in Cabela’s gift cards and ofcourse it doesn’t look like they sell either one of them there looks like I might have to sell them. How would you guys compare the c1 and the meopro to the vortex diamondbacks? Thanks again for the help guys

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Perfect choice and we have demos of the 8x42's starting at only $379.99 or we can "RokSlide hook you up" on a new 10x42. Give us a call, 516-217-1000.

KS, just much better glass. Vortex is just not in the same class. You've heard it from like five different guys on this thread and if you look around you'll see it on other threads also.

Maven c1. Nothing better in that price range.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I completely agree. My only gripe (which is small) with the Maven C1's is that the depth of field is a little too narrow. Then again, I probably feel that way because I have been looking through SLC's for the last year or so. I have to say, they are damn good for the dollars spent!

WKR
The Meopta Meostar's (a step up from Meopro's) I had last summer were like a dang brick. Heavy and blocky. The view is very good, but they are a tank. I think the Maven view is slightly better and the weight/ergonomics are much better.

How would you guys compare the c1 and the meopro to the vortex diamondbacks? Thanks again for the help guys

I have compared the C.1 and the diamondbacks side by side in adverse lighting conditions. The C.1s blow the diamondbacks away, and honestly were a better view than my Razor HDs as well. The C.1s were sharper and had better control of glare by a wide margin. The C.1 has its drawbacks compared to higher priced binos (Razors have better exterior build quality, eye cups, and better depth of field IMO) but you’ll have a hard time finding a nicer view than the C.1s anywhere even double their price. I really would like to get my hands on some Meopros to check out, but no one local carries them....

OP
K

KSArcher06

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again everyone for all the help and thanks wannakillabigbull that’s what I was hoping to hear a side by side comparison. Right now I’m leaning towards the maven c1. But am hoping to get my hands on some before I buy. Thanks again everyone

KS, you going to demo the C1s and then compare them to some Meopros? That will win favor with this crowd. Lol. I think you'll like the C1s.

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again everyone for all the help and thanks wannakillabigbull that’s what I was hoping to hear a side by side comparison. Right now I’m leaning towards the maven c1. But am hoping to get my hands on some before I buy. Thanks again everyone

Maven was at the sports show here. I finally got to hold some binos and look through them. Not that looking at them indoors really does much, but I was impressed with the quality. The rep that was there for Maven let my buddy go outside and test them. He was very impressed with the glass. I ended up getting a set of the B2 11x45's on his suggestion. Anything is a step up from what I am currently running and I am looking forward to getting the Maven's in the field once they arrive.

Daddy

FNG
Currently have diamondbacks, meopros and mavens. I'm working on a thorough review and will post it up to help you guys out

Last edited:

Daddy

FNG
After working on my review for a couple weeks to really get a good feel for all of the binos, the meoptas started to give me a headache so I'm sending them to meopta with suspicions of collimation problems. Once I get them back I'll post my final review. Sorry for the wait, I really like those meoptas though so I want to give them the full chance in case I just got a dud.