Upgrading in a couple months to the ~ $1000 range, advice/feedback greatly appreciate

Upgrading in a couple months to the ~ $1000 range, advice/feedback?

Hey guys, currently using a cheaper pair of 10x42's right now, but will eventually step up to a mid-upper tier bino. I'm currently thinking about getting the zeiss conquest, leica trinovid, or maven b1... any advice or experience anyone has with any of these models would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

WKR
Go for the Maven B2's over the B1's. The slight size penalty is way more than worth the tradeoff (I own both).

Gonewest

WKR
Hey guys, currently using a cheaper pair of 10x42's right now, but will eventually step up to a mid-upper tier bino. I'm currently thinking about getting the zeiss conquest, leica trinovid, or maven b1... any advice or experience anyone has with any of these models would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I just did the same thing. I went with Meopta Meostar HD. My cousin is demoing the Maven B2 in 9x and 11x. We are going to do some comparing hopefully next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
conquests and Trinovids are great glass in that range. I would call around and look for a deal or demo...Call Doug. Also look at redhawk rifles for zeiss demos.

Gonewest

WKR
conquests and Trinovids are great glass in that range. I would call around and look for a deal or demo...Call Doug. Also look at redhawk rifles for zeiss demos.

Nikon Monarch HG are really solid too.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
On the Kifarucast podcast, Optics Review part 1 Aron goes over a few models in the $1000 class. IIRC, the Maven B2s came out on top, but he also liked the Nikon Monarch HG. It's a quick episode, worth 20 mins of your time to get some insight.

I currently run vortex razor hd 10x42 and have nothing but good things say about them best binos I've owned so far. Not to familiar with the other brands mentioned but heard good things about them all good luck.

I enjoy my Zeiss Conquest HD’s over the others mentioned, all personal preference, great list here, go out and try them then all and go with what works best for you. If you can get them lined up outside last light. Take home a bunch of models from Cabelas and just glass them every night if you can. Return what doesn’t make the cut. Out of the three Meopta, Zeiss, and Leica have excellent build quality, they just feel solid.

TBarron

WKR
I’d take a hard look at Cabela’s euros/Meopta. I’ve had Zeiss and Leicas in this range and they are significantly better. Only negative is they are little on the heavier. Either that or hold out for a pair of used Swaro SLCs and be done. They can be picked for around $1300 a lot times.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In the price range you are looking at I strongly suggest the Meopta MeoStar 10x42's. Please give us a call to discuss what would be best for your needs, 516-217-1000. Always a pleasure to speak with the members here

OP
B
Thanks guys for all the feedback! Looks like I'll be adding the Meopta and the B2 to the list. Grady - definitely will give that episode a listen.

OP
B
StopMakingSense - Good to hear. Yup the low light is definitely where I can tell I'm using less expensive glass. Can't wait to see what the other side looks like haha.